Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Member Services
London, 12 month FTC £41,293
We are delighted to be working with an innovative and dynamic Royal College.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Head of Membership for a fixed term maternity cover, to come in and hit the ground running and continuing to deliver on the department’s success.
The main purpose of this role is to lead and manage the Membership Team to deliver against the strategic plan. The successful candidate will develop and manage the annual business plan to deliver membership growth, engagement and retention ensuring that revenue targets are met.
· Develop a membership strategy that identifies opportunities to grow and strengthen engagement. Develop an annual business plan, budget and KPIs to manage activities and monitor progress against the membership strategy
· Lead the Membership Team to maximise retention, engagement and recruitment activities across all member categories. Motivate and develop the team, including performance management and personal/professional development
· Utilising membership recruitment, engagement and satisfaction analysis, develop an understanding of the needs of different membership groups and profiles, develop the value propositions to meet those needs
· Provide strategic leadership support and advice to the Membership Operations Lead and Coordinator on streamlining activities and processes, ensuring an effective and efficient member/customer experience; including membership admission ceremonies and annual subscription processes
· Provide annual income and expenditure projections and recommendations for the annual budget setting process and monitor membership expenditure against agreed budgets
· Ensure the membership team’s processes are fully compliant with data protection and equality & diversity laws guiding and overseeing adjustments where necessary to bring them in line with College wide policies
· Oversee the relationship with key stakeholders.
· Attend events and exhibitions where necessary to promote membership and recruit members both in the UK and internationally.
· Act as an advocate for membership matters within the organisation, ensuring that colleagues are aware and disposed to support the goals of the Membership Team
· Graduate or graduate calibre
What are the requirements you will have be considered for this role?
· Experience of successful strategic and operational planning and development of membership services
· Experience of developing and delivering successful recruitment and engagement plans
· Experience of capturing and analysing member engagement/satisfaction information and developing customer profiles and needs
Proven track record in a demanding and self-directed role
· Experience of customer relationship management (strategy and systems) and its application
· Experience of planning and managing budgets
· Experience of leading and developing successful teams
· Good knowledge of data protection laws
Skills and abilities
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to gain the confidence of people at all levels
Good oral, written, presentation and listening skills
Assimilation of complex information from a variety of sources in support of project development
Able to work to deadlines and deal with conflicting priorities
Ability to engage and motivate staff and to lead on projects
Commitment to developing staff
Ability to manage change effectively
· Understanding of web-based
If you would like to know more for an informal chat, please contact Hunter Merrifield on 0207 759 7929 or apply online.
You must sign in to apply for this position.