Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
Would you like to help us grow our awards and events using effective and innovating marketing?
The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) is a growing membership body with over 20,000 members. Members work across a range of specialisms within the engineering sector to improve the performance of buildings. CIBSE provides guidance and information to help them to do this work more effectively.
The position of Awards and Events Marketing Manager is key to the future growth and commercial success of the CIBSE Building Performance Awards (BPA) and the Institution’s annual exhibition, Build2Perform Live.
Working alongside the Director of Marketing the role will focus primarily on Build2Perform Live and the CIBSE Building Performance Awards (BPA). The two events are important ways for CIBSE to raise the profile of our brand and demonstrate our contribution to building performance. The post holder will contribute to growing these two events and other commercial activities.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and can work on their own initiative. The post holder will develop and implement marketing campaigns that support revenue, entry and attendance targets. They will work with the broader marketing team, PR, social media, CIBSE Journal, partners, supporters and website manager to maximise the impact of both events. This is a hands-on position with the opportunity to make a real contribution to the profile and impact of CIBSE National events.
They will also work with the other marketing managers to support the financial and member services goals of the Institution.
- Develop, plan and implement an annual cycle of creative and innovative marketing campaigns
- Monitor and evaluate marketing activity, reporting on results and feeding into marketing strategy and development
- Contribute to the growth and strategy for our events and awardsCollaboration with the Marketing team and other CIBSE departments to achieve the best results for the Institution.
- Getting the word out on all channels.
- Manages and delivers marketing and communications for the acquisition of attendees
- Works with CIBSE staff, conference producer and delivery partners to deliver an engaging programme
- Works with delivery partners to optimise value for exhibitors
- Responsibility for achieving value for event supporters and manage the fulfilment of their agreement
- Works with commercial partners to maximise revenue and attendance
- Works with conference producer to coordinate advisory board, speakers and CPD providers
- Manages budget and tracks ROI of event and post-event activities
CIBSE Building Performance Awards (BPA)
- Plan, develop and implement an annual cycle of creative marketing campaigns
- Work with commercial partners, judges, industry and CIBSE staff to ensure we have the right suite of awards
- Contribute to the strategic plan for the awards
- Assure maximum value for CIBSE, our partners, judges and stakeholders.
- Broad experience in B2B events and/or awards marketing role
- Ability to create, execute, optimise and report on marketing plans and targets
- Effectively manage and monitor all active campaigns
- Excellent copywriting skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with external partners
- Good communication skills and experience of communicating clearly with a wide range of stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of CMS, CRM databases, email software, and MS office, SalesForce experience desired
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Social media experience for events and awards both paid and organic
- Experience managing and optimising website content
- Contribute to the event marketing strategy
- Experience in online and offline direct marketing
- Experience with a not-for-profit desirable
You must sign in to apply for this position.