Website Youth Business International
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Management
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a Membership services and Engagement Team at the heart of a growing, global network. 2020 has been a distinct year for Youth Business International (YBI) with unique opportunities. The role offers great scope for learning and development for an experienced and committed professional and will be instrumental in supporting and coordinating a variety of member-related activities critical to our work. We are about to launch our new member strategy which will require strong support in enabling us to streamline systems, grow our network, adapt to new ways of working, and keep our diverse and brilliant members engaged and connected.
Youth Business International (YBI) is the global network of expert organisations in over 50 countries supporting underserved young entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into successful businesses, creating jobs, and strengthening communities.
Young people are a critical resource. However, with 66 million unemployed youth worldwide this potential is not being realised. Furthermore, of those that are working, many do not earn enough to lift themselves out of poverty. Addressing the youth employment crisis is imperative, not only for the well-being of young people but to ensure sustainable, inclusive growth and social cohesion globally.
Since 2014 we have supported over 350,000 young people to start or grow a business by delivering a range of practical entrepreneurship support services, from guiding a young person to register a new business and improving their bookkeeping skills to helping them write a business plan or grow their fledgling business through facilitating access to finance.
Job Title – Membership Manager
Reports to – Director of Membership Services and Engagement
Location – Remote working with occasional travel to London
Term – Permanent
Hours – Full-time (Mon-Fri, 37.5 hours per week) open for flexible working requests
Salary – £35,000-£40,000 per annum (includes London weighting)
Travel – Some occasional international travel post COVID-19
1. Growing and managing a quality network of members
· Support YBI to implement its new Membership Strategy with a focus on streamlining key functions and a shift to a more traditional membership model approach.
· Manage YBI’s Member Expansion plans focused on a leaner member acquisition approach which will be by invitation or direct application and liaising with all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
· Lead the process of approving online applications to join the YBI network and implementing due diligence through review of organisational documents and conversations with key staff.
· Work with new members through a structured onboarding programme to ensure a great early member experience.
· Manage YBI’s Accreditation calendar and the accompanying activity involved in conducting member reviews, finalising member status and being secretary to the Trustee led Accreditation Committee.
· Support the review and development of the current YBI Accreditation process which will involve incorporating programme standards and diversity and inclusion areas.
· Support the adoption and implementation of a new data management system that will be essential in enabling the smooth management of our membership functions.
2. Supporting an engaged and thriving network
· Lead and develop our relationship manager function as this evolves, and by taking on a key role as one of the regional relationship managers.
· Enable relationship building, collaboration and joint working across members through facilitation in regional Communities of Practice.
· Lead on all member related communications and work closely with the communications team to ensure a joined-up approach and quality member communications.
· Support with ad-hoc member opportunities and pilots as required.
· Support with designing and implementing any future YBI Global member events and scheduled member events via our ‘Learning and collaboration calendar’.
Some of the benefits of becoming our Membership Manager include:
– Group Life insurance
– Health Cash Plan
– In addition to normal Bank and Public Holidays, you are entitled to 25 days paid holiday per leave year pro rata.
– We are Equal Opportunities Employer and happy to talk Flexible Working
Further Details and How to Apply
For a full Job Description, Personal Specification, and information on how to apply, please go to our website https://www.youthbusiness.org/careers or send your CV, Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Monday, 4th May 2021 at 9:30 am
R1 Interviews: w/c 10th May 2021
R2 Interviews: w/c 17th May 2021
YBI is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if you require any adjustments, we can make to ensure that our recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
At YBI, your right to privacy is important to us. By applying for this job, your information will be entered into our recruitment system for YBI’s employment purposes only and stored for no longer than one year after the post has been filled; then personal data will be disposed of in GDPR compliant manner. We store all data securely and will not disclose it to any third parties without your consent. Please feel free to contact us to find out more.
You must sign in to apply for this position.