Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
To be responsible for the accuracy and effectiveness of the membership processes automating these as far as possible, to provide a good member experience. This working collaboratively with the Finance and IT Managers on the collection of the membership subscriptions.
To lead the development of the membership value proposition of the College and work across the College supporting the communications to Members.
1. To lead and manage the Membership Team resources and set workflow priorities.
2. To manage the membership processes:
a) improving reliability and accuracy of these;
b) to improve automation and workflow to make our processing more efficient, member friendly and GDPR compliant;
c) preparing the membership records to enable the Direct Debit run to be completed;
d) improving the data quality of the membership records
e) ensuring these are properly documents under our ISO9001 system.
3. To be responsible for approving members at regular Fellowship and Membership meetings and escalating appropriate queries to the Registrar for discussion with the registrar or at Executive level.
4. To hold regular team progress meetings and circulate progress reports on activity against targets e.g. growth projections, campaign effectiveness, response timescales for membership inquiries, etc.
5. Liaise with the Financial Manager regarding subscription collections and refunds to ensure appropriate batch and financial controls are in place within the membership processes.
6. Develop and deliver the College’s membership value proposition and engagement policy, creating and implementing membership recruitment and retention campaigns. Generate progress reports periodically for the Registrar and CEO.
7. To work with the College’s IT Team on improvements needed in our systems to improve the member experience and membership processes
8. To manage the Membership Team Budget
9. Undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably expected within the scope and grade of the post at the request of College Management to ensure College objectives are met.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· A good knowledge of marketing, management, administration, planning, budgeting, finance, and member relationship management skills and techniques.
· Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, other departments, members and suppliers
· Strong project management and organisational skills
· Attention to detail and able to work quickly, accurately and effectively.
Good written and oral communication skills
· IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets, project management software and web applications including email, e-marketing, s-surveys, e-discussion groups, etc. Ideally having user knowledge of IMIS membership software or similar membership systems.
· At least five years’ experience of working for a membership organisation including direct experience in membership administration and ideally its supervision or management
· Marketing and communications experience are also an advantage
· Experience of managing small teams of employees
· A graduate who ideally has a business or marketing degree
· A professional manner and attitude
· Able to remain calm under pressure
· Able to adapt to change
· Able to travel
· Holds a valid driving license
· Able to attend events and other off-site functions (estimated time away from home will be a minimum of 5 nights per annum)
You must sign in to apply for this position.