Website The OR Society
Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
The Operational Research Society is seeking to appoint a Head of Member Experience to join its Senior Leadership Team.
The Head of Member Experience will have a varied and challenging leadership role, working closely with the Head of Marketing and Communications to support the continued growth of membership numbers, and enhancing the membership journey.
As part of the society’s senior leadership team, this person will motivate, evaluate and upskill staff when setting priorities in order to meet project targets.
Acting as guardian for the end to end member journey, ensuring that ORS members and customers receive an excellent customer experience to drive increased member acquisition, satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy.
Ensuring that critical operational performance metrics connect to the member journey.
What you’ll do…
- Lead the development of proactive member experience strategies across membership, events, and training with the aim of adding value to membership, increasing member retention and identifying areas for membership recruitment.
- Recommend and deliver opportunities to further enhance member journey at each touchpoint.
- Work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including, Senior Leadership Team, Board, committees, volunteers, internal team and agency partners to develop and deliver the Strategic Plan.
- Provide effective management and motivation of line report/s to take a strong member-focused approach and drive for continuous improvement.
- Ensuring member insight and feedback is gathered, tailored and shared with relevant teams across the organisation.
- Support the development of robust cross-team organisation processes and continually challenge the way we work in order to deliver value-added for members.
- Create and nurture a pipeline of potential members, to ensure the continued growth of membership.
- Keep up to date with sector developments and ensure best practice in experience and membership is shared across the business.
What you’ll need
- You will demonstrate a clear understanding (and strong track record) of the latest trends in member experience and just as importantly what makes a great member experience.
- Creative problem solving, an inquisitive mind-set, and the fact that you are comfortable working in ambiguous situations will also help. Your experience of developing and managing a team will also be of importance in this role.
- Qualified to degree level and/or with extensive, relevant senior experience.
- Management level experience in a membership organisation
- Strategic and tactical experience of events management
- Proven track record of a strong customer/member-focused approach.
- Experienced in working across multiple digital channels (website, social media, email, apps, webinars).
- Experienced in the front end user journey of a membership CRM system.
- Relevant experience in driving forward tangible changes in the member experience.
- Highly effective people management skills, with an emphasis on all aspects of performance management.
- Strong communication skills and ability to represent the organisation at all levels, including the ability to develop and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Good analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
All applications are being handled by our retained agency Gleeson Recruitment Group.
You must sign in to apply for this position.