Website The LSL Group - Acting on behalf of our Client
The LSL Group - Leading Executive Search for Membership Bodies
Job Seniority: Senior Management
Job Function: Development
A newly created executive team position leading the commercial activities of a highly regarded global professional body. Suitable candidates will have previous experience leading the commercial or business development function of a membership-based or professional organisation. Reporting directly to the CEO this position is a member of the executive team determining the long-term strategy for the organisation.
You are encouraged to consider this opportunity if you have post-graduate level experience in senior commercial leadership positions. An ideal background would include experience of professional bodies, as well as holding a professionally qualification.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines the product strategy to support the educational strategies, qualifications framework and the upholding of professional standards
- Works with branches and regions to assess market potential and agree a prioritised plan for all products, including training, education or membership
- Leads the events management function to ensure quality of delivery and commercial success in support of the brand and organisational goals
- Ensures a clear marketing strategy that works in harmony with the wider communications strategy including thought leadership campaigns
- Develops the strategy for ensuring active engagement of employer partners for the mutual benefit of the profession leading to enhanced take up of membership, qualifications and supporting products
- Leads the commercial relationships with suppliers
- Leads on all proposed commercial activities
- Acts as an ambassador to a range of senior internal and external stakeholders
- Works closely with and support a range of senior Committees
- Effectively leads the markets team
Knowledge & Experience
- Substantial commercial experience, researching and developing new opportunities.
- Substantial experience in stakeholder engagement at a senior level.
- Demonstrable ability to quickly build collaborative relationships both within the organsation and externally with suppliers and other related organisations.
- Ideally a background in law, tax, accounting or finance.
- Experience of working in an international organisation.
Skills & Aptitudes
- Able to work closely with the Chief Executive, Board and senior members.
- Results and outcome orientated, achieved through an empathetic, inclusive and intuitive approach.
- Collegiate and collaborative working style with fellow Executive Directors.
- Highly developed oral and written advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining supplier and partner relations.
- Well-developed project leadership skills across teams drawn from a wide range of disciplines.
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational skills for your own and other’s workloads.
- Pragmatic and resourceful, and happy to roll up your sleeves and support team members.
International travel required (circa 5 international meetings per year)
You must sign in to apply for this position.