The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We’re now looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to provide digital marketing expertise to the organisation as we specialise our marketing operations.
– Salary of £43,000 per annum
– Flexible working (core hours 10am – 4pm)
– A minimum of 26 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays, birthday day off, 2 volunteer days per year
– Continuous training and development opportunities
– Season ticket loan
– Stakeholder pension scheme
– Private health cover
– Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave policies
– Life assurance (three times annual salary)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a digital marketing expert to expand their career horizons and take their next step with our leading institution.
You’ll discover that we are dedicated to developing our teams and our processes to ensure we lead the way in every aspect from engineering know-how to marketing activities. And you’ll be playing a vital role in delivering the latter to ensure that former can remain.
So, if you are ready for an amazing challenge, can support processes and drive change, this is the marketing opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing a number of digital marketing channels to deliver the marketing strategy effectively and expand the digital footprint of the organisation.
Specifically, your role will be divided into three main elements, email marketing, digital projects and digital marketing campaigns.
Managing the activities of a Digital Marketing Executive, you will oversee the scheduling and delivery of high volume and high frequency email campaigns, aimed at the target audience for different business units. You will oversee the reporting and analysis of results to ensure that campaigns are effective.
Taking part in a variety of digital marketing projects, you will play a key role in the development of the website, acting as the advocate of user experience and reviewing user journeys and how processes should work. You will act as the bridge between the development team and the business, relaying information between the two parties and ensuring that non-technical colleagues understand the challenges and stages involved.
Additionally, you will work on digital marketing campaigns, using tools such as Google Ads, working with display advertising and running campaigns.
To be considered as our Digital Marketing Manager, you will need:
– Experience of delivering complex email marketing campaigns
– A proven track record of working with Dotmailer or a similar platform
– Experience of working with web and digital tools
– An understanding of user experience and usability and/or experience of managing the development of multi-channel digital customer experiences
– Demonstrable experience developing and delivering digital marketing strategies, including search pay per click (PPC), display advertising and paid social advertising
– Experience of reporting and digital analysis including Google Ads, Google Analytics and email marketing analytics
– Previous experience of managing an individual or team
Experience of a CRM and, in particular, email marketing, to drive customer engagement and response would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working with proposition owners and IT development resources to deliver an online customer experience that meets user expectations would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Digital Marketing Manager, Online Marketing Manager, Digital Campaign Manager, Digital Marketing Team Manager, Marketing Manager, Marcomms Manager, or Marketing Communications Manager.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
So, if you are ready for the career opportunity of a lifetime as a Digital Marketing Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.