Website The College of Podiatry
Professional Membership Body/Trade Union
Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: Administration
To work as part of the Membership Services team to provide support to members via telephone and e-mail and routine administration in relation on supporting members with their membership renewal and general queries about their membership.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Processing membership subscription payments via Credit/Debit card, cheque, bank transfers and setting up Direct Debits.
- Producing receipts for each member subscription payment transaction processed.
Recruitment and Retention of Members
- Assist on campaigns to recruit and retain members
- Process cheques and other payments
- Arrange for welcome packs for new members to be sent be sent
- Process weekly letter run and emails through database
- Create letter, certificate, insurance documents etc. to be sent out to the new member
- Send out all sensitive correspondence as requested by members including, receipts, letters of good standing, insurance documents and direct debit forms
- Managing member details changes on systems – retirement, non-practising etc.
- HCPC cross check re member registration (every two years)
- Attend and represent the organisation and Conferences and events if required
- Advise and help members who are unable to access the Membership area of the website and the membership App
- Manage the membership email boxes
- To take responsibility for being the first point of contact for all callers to the Membership telephone line and e-mail address and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered at all times.
- To ensure that all calls to Membership are dealt with promptly, in line with agreed standards and targets.
- To establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues to ensure a ‘one team approach’ to the delivery of the best service possible to members.
- Speak to members who on occasions may be vulnerable in relation to the status of their membership that can sometimes involve sensitive and emotive conversations
- Educated to A level or equivalent and/or work experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- Experience of working in a membership or professional body.
- Experience of using a membership/CRM system
- Experience of handling sensitive or confidential information
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office and its applications
- Excellent organisational skills with proven ability to multitask whilst managing conflicting priorities
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act/GDPR
This is a 6 month contract starting January 2020
You must sign in to apply for this position.