Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Member Services
Position: Head of Membership (Maternity Cover)
Department: Marketing & Membership
Reporting to: Director of Marketing
Responsible for: Senior Membership Executive and Membership Executive
Reports indirectly to: Chairman, Deputy Chairman, ROSL Directors
Hours Monday-Friday (37.5 hours per week)
About the Royal Over-Seas League (ROSL):
The Royal Over-Seas League, is a not for profit private membership organisation dedicated to championing young artists, musicians and writers. Our members support a range of educational projects at home and around the world. ROSLs 16,000 members enjoy a range of benefits including a beautiful Grade I listed clubhouse in the heart of St James’s, London, and a range of concerts, exhibitions and talks throughout the year.
The role: Head of Membership (Maternity Cover)
Covering for the Head of Membership: this role is a key liaison for prospective and current members, branches in the UK and around the world, and all clubhouse staff. The role manages the membership team to ensure operational delivery of the membership strategy and subscriptions budget.
This maternity cover role will also take responsibility as a ‘CRM champion’, working with key stakeholders to plan and develop the data strategy for the business as we implement a new system.
Working closely with the Director of Marketing, as well as the Chief Finance Officer the focus of this role is:
· The progress of ROSLs membership strategy, ensuring continued membership growth, and the delivery of financial targets;
· The successful implementation, roll-out and onboarding, of the CRMS in the Membership team and with key teams in the business;
· Identifying and delivering improvements in the membership function and team, increasing productivity and ensuring business continuity;
Mapping and improving the membership journey and communication touchpoints to support the overall strategy.
· Work with the Director of Marketing to develop and deliver the membership strategy, and recruitment and financial targets; ensuring that membership growth is achieved through membership retention and recruitment.
· Provide strategic input and analysis on all membership issues, with special reference to the effects of membership fees and trends in membership categories.
· Work with Rooms, Catering, Arts departments to launch commercially beneficial membership engagement and recruitment opportunities
· Work with the Director of Marketing and the Director of ARTS on the development and repositioning of the charitable offering Friends of ROSL ARTS – developing supporting processes for the administration of this scheme.
· Identify and deliver improvements to the collection and reporting of our fundraising activities and gift-aidable donations.
Membership operations, administration, systems and reporting
· Responsible for ensuring the monthly membership subscription cycle, (recruits, renewals, chasers, leavers/lapsers) operates to the required process and schedule, meeting monthly targets.
· Responsible for data quality and associated training for all database users
· Provide monthly management information reports to Director of Marketing for presentation to the Executive Committee
· Provide Finance Department with the membership information and reporting required for the monthly reconciliations with financial accounts
· To assist the Finance Department with the data requirements for the annual audit
· Undertake the annual membership fee modelling and forecasting process
· Ensure key processes are documented and up to date
· Work with the team to maintain online and print membership collateral for renewals, recruitment and engagement communications
· To continuously review processes to streamline and introduce efficiency savings where possible, including online self-service membership management
· Provide data lists for marketing activities, including the quarterly mailing of the journal
· Proactively seek opportunities to enhance the member journey and experience.
· Key contact for all members, prospective members, dealing with queries and complaints efficiently, uplifting the customer service of the organisation
· To be a key ambassador for the organisation, representing ROSL at key events, meetings and at recruitment opportunities
· Work closely with all internal stakeholders to keep the CRM project aligned to our business goals
· Set expectation and timelines for suppliers, and internal stakeholders.
· Coordinate implementation plan and ensure deadlines met and project progresses as planned
· Undertake data cleansing projects prior to data migration of all data-sets being entered into the CRMS
· Process map data flows; identifying improvements that benefit the business
· Understanding of reporting requirements for the business, able to work with the Provider to develop appropriate dashboards and reports
· Act as CRM ambassador – understand, communicate and demonstrate value to team members
· Establish appropriate training programmes and user manuals for all teams
· Solve problems with the system or project – troubleshooting CRM system once it’s up and running
· Manage direct reports effectively; delegating tasks and duties where necessary
· Providing feedback, training and support to the team
· To adhere to all ROSL and statutory rules, regulations and policies
· To act on your responsibilities detailed in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
· To maintain the Marketing and Membership office area in a safe, hygienic and presentable state, at all times
· To attend any Statutory Fire, Health & Safety and other mandatory training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning Fire, Health & Safety, Security and GDPR.
· While working for the ROSL there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, members and employees. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Employee Handbook & your terms & conditions for full details.
· As the club’s level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
· The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
Personal specification – Head of Membership (Maternity Cover)
This is a key management role that requires these essential qualities:
· Experience of managing membership subscriptions, preferably gained in a membership organisation
· Experience of CRM/database migration and implementation
· Excellent IT skills – including CRM management
· Exceptional understanding of data quality and management processes
· Excellent communicator
· Strategic thinker, with good analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to interpret data
· Strong interpersonal skills – ability to connect with members of all ages and nationalities, and build sound relationships with internal stakeholders
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Strong organisational and time management skills, ability to manage large and varied workloads. Prioritising effectively to meet deadlines
· Ability to work in a flexible manner
· Team management experience
· Graduate level education
· Experienced and engaging trainer (desirable)
To apply for this job please visit www.rosl.org.uk.