Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: IT/Web
Position title: Business Systems Manager
Reporting to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Business Critical systems
Location: Central London
Salary: £40-50k depending on experience
Hours: Full time: normal office hours are 09:00 –17:30 Monday to Friday
Annual leave: 28 days per annum, plus UK bank holidays
Pension: Company pension scheme available
Purpose of role
Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) are embarking on a significant change to modernise their core business systems as part of an overall Digital Transformation that is taking place.
To support this critical project, RJC is looking to appoint a Business Systems Manager that will act as an interface between the business and technical resouces to successfully deliver these platforms moving then into a BAU function to provide continual improvement.
The successful delivery of these projects is the immediate focus of this role.
Within the role, you will be responsible for requirements gathering, project management, vendor management and stakeholder communication.
You will have a good business analysis skill set that allows you to interrupt requirements into a technical design and work with the third parties to successfully deliver these.
Once the new systems have been successfully implemented, this role will also include management of the overall IT services and working with third parties to ensure service is maintained within the agreed SLA.
This role is a significant hire for RJC and highlights the importance the business is taking for delivering mission critical systems successfully.
The primary areas of responsibility for the role are as follows:
• Partner with stakeholder’s both within and outside of technology on assigned projects.
• Co-ordinate the completion of required project documentation and updates.
• Manage stakeholder requirements and partner for effective delivery of the solution in the core applications.h
• Coordinate vendor invoicing and statement of work management
• Assist with planning and projects to implement new solutions.
• Ensuring security best practices are adhered and promoted always
• Create, maintain and continually improve the Business Systems Roadmap and annual Business Systems service plans to ensure they are aligned to strategic and tactical business objectives and context.
• Ensure Business Systems evolve based on requirements that are relevant, aligned to core goals, defined concisely and clearly, enabling traceability throughout the development, testing and release lifecycle.
• Manage the Business Systems team, service contracts and budgets, ensuring the effective use of resources to deliver an efficient and high performing service that enables more efficient and effective business processes and services.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
• Provide configuration expertise to ensure systems are delivering optimal outcomes.
• Manage vendor relationships for business systems and IT support.
• Deliver an agreed SLA of IT service back to the business using best of breed service platforms and reporting mechanisms.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimisation as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
• Ensuring that RJC’s data management practices are in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
• Management reporting – to ED and ExCo/Board.
Any other ad-hoc duties as reasonably required
• Relevant and extensive experience in delivering CRM, web and business application projects.
• Experience in contract negotiation.
• Experience in project initiation and management.
• Exposure to Product Management, Architecture/Design, Testing and Development Operations.
• Excellent Stakeholder Management of all levels.
• Ability to leverage technology and get the best output.
• Experience working within an agile environment, handling rapidly changing goals.
• Successfully delivered business change projects.
• Personal interest in ethics and sustainability will be beneficial to understand the RJC’s working environment.
What you’ll bring
You will have impeccable organisational skills and attention to detail. You will have resolved the issue before the business is even aware of it and bring a positive can-do attitude that will bring continuity, confidence, maturity and experience to a fast growing and inquisitive business.
You will spot opportunity to improve our business and not be shy in suggesting new methods on how to deliver these.
Skills – Essential:
• Strong communication skills.
• Team player.
• Reliable & trustworthy.
• A positive attitude (taking pleasure in helping others and ensuring the office is a pleasant work space always).
• Attention to detail.
• Must be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent written skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Proactive self-starter.
• Used to working in a small fast-growing business where the role very often exceeds the job description.
• Experience in creating agendas, minutes, correspondence, documentation, and presentations.
• Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Customer service skills.
• Skills to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Excellent administration skills.
• Ability to analyse and revise operating practices to improve efficiency.
• Strong problem solving and organisational skills with a dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
You must sign in to apply for this position.