Website NHS Providers
Job Seniority: Mid to senior level
Job Function: Administration
NHS Providers is the membership organisation and trade association for the NHS hospital, mental health, community and ambulance services that treat patients and service users in the NHS. We help those NHS foundation trusts and trusts to deliver high-quality, patient-focused care by enabling them to learn from each other, acting as their public voice and helping shape the system in which they operate. NHS Providers has all trusts in membership, collectively accounting for £92bn of annual expenditure and employing more than one million staff.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing team of policy, public affairs and analysis professionals in one of the most influential and high-profile membership organisations operating within the health sector. It is a crucial role for NHS Providers, helping to influence the national policy agenda on behalf of trusts and address key policy and strategic challenges.
This policy advisor role will be responsible for leading our work to influence the national agenda on matters relating to quality of care, patient safety, quality improvement and regulation, clinical governance, and culture change to improve quality across all NHS provider sectors. The post-holder will work closely with NHS Providers’ governance and regulation advisors on promoting a fair and proportionate approach to quality regulation and governance. The postholder will also have the opportunity to lead on other strategic policy projects as and when required.
In a given week you may be asked to do some of the following:
- Meet with senior representatives from NHS arm’s length bodies including NHS England and NHS Improvement or the Care Quality Commission;
- Brief the chief executive on the challenges for providers when implementing quality improvement programmes;
- Participate in an external roundtable discussion or as part of an expert working group on a key patient safety policy challenge;
- Author a blog for trade or national press outlining member issues on how providers are seeking to improve safe staffing on their wards;
- Work with the analysis team to design a survey for trusts on their experience of implementing clinical quality improvement programmes;
- Meet with trust and system leaders to understand the challenges they are facing locally;
- Deliver presentations at national meetings of NHS provider members to update them on national policy developments in these areas.
The role will suit those able to analyse relevant information, turning policy into meaningful insights for trust and stakeholder audiences, and be of interest to applicants who wish to broaden their experience of health policy, and gain a better understanding of the NHS provider sector.
You must sign in to apply for this position.