Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
At MCI Group we are focused on transforming community-focused membership organisations to help them succeed and grow. We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our global organisation as a team member here in the UK.
Reporting to MCI’s Community Director, you will be a proactive and inspired Community Manager with day-day responsibility for managing our customers who are community focused membership organisations and those who aspire to build their communities as part of their horizon thinking. You will have day-day responsibility for delivering community-based services, classic and state of the art.
- Manage the full stakeholder environment in which community-focused membership organisations do business; their capabilities, engagement opportunities and collaborative objectives to deliver maximum value for customers.
- Deliver processes and procedures for classic and state of the art community-focused membership organisations.
- Proactively engage, maintain and develop customer relationships to help them develop and grow.
- Be a creative designer and builder in your approach to account management such that customers regard you as their strategic advisor
- Proactively seek out and deliver long-term value for customers and MCI
- Work with the Community Development Director to build and deliver products and programmes on behalf of customers
- Be an innovative and pragmatic online community manager Work with the Community Development Director to build and deliver products and programmes on behalf of customers
- Optimise the full suite of our digital toolkit to manage and develop customer accounts
- Plan, attend and report at/after customer board-level meetings, events and activities, both in the physical and virtual space
- Manage, communicate and maintain customer timelines and priorities. Plan, attend and report customers’ events and activities in the virtual and physical space or perfection in all that you do on behalf of customers and MCI.
- Monitor and maintain quality in our processes and systems and proactively identify and contribute to their improvement
- Drive excellence in customer service and quality delivery
- Be a proactive team player and optimise the talents of our in-house specialists.
- Develop a high performing team and be a respected mentor and line-manager to your direct reports. a proactive team player and optimise the talents of our in-house specialists. customer service and quality delivery
- Be a key team player across our channels. Be a strategic advisor to our customers. Manage relationships with suppliers. Be a proactive MCI champion across our Community Networks
- Agency or in-house experience working for community-focused membership organisations and associations
- Knowledge and experience of managing volunteer and executive community-focused membership boards
- Proven track-record in project-management skills
- Demonstrable client relationship capabilities
- Experience in budget preparation and monitoring
- Interest in current business issues
Specific Technical Skills
- Experience with managing online community platforms such as Higher Logic / Blue Sky
- iMIS membership platform desirable
- Standard Microsoft product suite
- Fluent in English – spoken and written
- Eligible to work in the UK
- UK & International travel required
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a letter setting out how you meet the requirements of the role by Friday 17 May to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must sign in to apply for this position.