Job Seniority: Co-ordinator
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Now we are looking for an Events Executive to join our head office in Westminster, which is based in a stunning Edwardian building on Birdcage Walk.
- Salary of circa £26,000
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- Annual Learning at Work Day
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Discounted meals at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Above statutory sick pay, maternity and paternity leave
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- A minimum of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Here at IMechE, we are proud of our impressive history, long tradition and fine reputation. We are passionate about making the world a better place through engineering and each one of our employees contribute to our goal of making a positive, lasting impact.
We understand that to realise our ambitions, we need amazing people in our team. We offer exceptional learning and development opportunities, including on-the-job support, in-house courses and the chance to get involved in other areas of the business, making this the ideal role in which to realise your potential.
Our world-class events enable industry innovators to share the latest engineering ideas, inventions and thought leadership. In this key role, you will drive the successful running of these events and help us to continue encouraging collaboration in our industry.
As the Events Executive, you’ll oversee the operational aspects of our events, including conferences, seminars, webinars and lectures.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the success of multiple events at any one time
- Handle venue and supplier negotiations
- Act as the main point of contact for the venue, suppliers, speakers, committee, sponsors and delegates
- Liaise closely with sponsors during and after events
- Effectively manage budgets.
To join us as an Events Executive, you’ll need:
- End-to-end B2B event operations experience
- A degree level qualification
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritisation abilities
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- A great eye for detail.
An interest in engineering technologies would be beneficial to your application. We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Events Operations Executive, Events Co-ordinator, Events & Logistics Co-ordinator, Conference & Event Co-ordinator or Specialist Event Co-ordinator.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your CV and covering letter in confidence.
If you have any further queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
You must sign in to apply for this position.