Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Management
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers has been at the heart of mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Now, we’re looking for an Education Outreach Manager to join our passionate team in Westminster.
- Salary of circa £36,000 per annum
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Discounted meals at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- A minimum of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
This is an exciting opportunity for a project or event manager with a background in the volunteering sectors and securing funding to join our innovative and progressive organisation.
In this vital position you will ensure that children and young people are engaging with our organisation and are excited about mechanical engineering. You’ll make sure that groups that may not typically get into mechanical engineering are attracted via competitions and challenges that get them involved and lights the spark of engineering within them.
You’ll find that we are passionate about what we do, heavily involved and keen to promote mechanical engineering at every point. We offer a huge range of benefits and operate out of an iconic building, meaning that as well as an exciting role, you will work in great surroundings and will be motivated by superb rewards.
As the Education Outreach Manager, you will be a key player within our educational activities, managing outreach programmes and student engineering competitions as well as raising awareness of our work and mechanical engineering in general.
Specifically, you will manage our education outreach programme to ensure mechanical engineering is represented throughout the education journey as an exciting and creative subject and a rewarding and attainable career aspiration. You will also oversee competitions and challenges that engage students of all ages and abilities in engineering activities and drive uptake from primary age onwards.
Your role will also involve:
- Ensuring we continue to engage with thousands of students every year
- Driving event sponsorship efforts to ensure initiatives are self-funding
- Achieving a sponsorship target of at least £120,000 per annum
- Managing the organisation, delivery and achievement of the education team’s objectives, responsibilities and projects
- Leading volunteering activities for the outreach programme.
To be considered as the Education Outreach Manager, you will need:
- Significant project and/or event management and delivery experience, with a proven record of managing contracts and completing complex projects to time, cost and quality targets
- Significant experience in volunteer and/or stakeholder relationship management, including sophisticated skills in managing a variety of complex stakeholder demands, and prioritising and meeting their needs
- A proven track record of securing sponsorship or other forms of funding, and in negotiating preferential terms and managing costs and other resource commitments.
Other organisations may call this role Education Outreach Manager, Education Project Manager, Education Event Manager, Student Engagement Manager, Outreach Project Manager, Event Manager, or Project Manager.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate