Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Other
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the engineering profession since 1847.
Central to our vision to improve the world through engineering is our portfolio of technical and networking events, comprising conferences, dinners, lectures and webinars, taking place throughout the UK and internationally.
Now we are looking for an Events Operations Manager to join our head office in Westminster, which is based in a stunning Victorian building on Birdcage Walk.
– Salary of circa £40,000
– Up to 15% performance related bonus
– Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
– Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
– Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
– A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
If you are eager for an events management role with a difference, this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
We’re looking for an individual who can deliver our varied events portfolio and provide outstanding solutions to a range of technical, logistics and strategic challenges.
As we promote engineering to wide and more diverse audiences, we need people with unique ideas and skills who can drive forward our offering.
What’s more, we offer exceptional learning and development opportunities, including on-the-job support, in-house courses and the chance to get involved in other areas of the business, making this the ideal role in which to realise your potential.
The Events department is split into four teams: operations, production, marketing and sponsorship. As the Events Operations Manager, you’ll be tasked with managing the operations function.
You will oversee logistics and end-to-end planning for 90+ B2B events annually. Consisting of conferences, lectures, dinners and webinars, you and your team will ensure every attendee, sponsor and speaker has an outstanding experience through the process.
Your role will involve:
– Ensuring gross profit targets are achieved across the entire portfolio of events
– Assuming accountability for the overall event expenditure budget
– Identifying additional revenue generation opportunities
– Meeting and exceeding sponsors’ expectations
– Taking accountability for the quality of events
– Line managing your team of Event Executives
To be considered as an Events Operations Manager, you will need:
– Experience of managing an operations or logistics team within a commercial events or membership organisation
– A strong commercial track record with the proven ability to maximise profit through strategic operational decisions
– Strong financial management experience including costing, supplier negotiation and P&L budget management
– A proven ability to inspire and motivate
– Experience of dealing with multiple, varied stakeholders with a range of objectives
– Exceptional organisational skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities
– Extensive experience of managing large and complex budgets
– Above-average Microsoft Excel skills
A degree level qualification or equivalent experience would be beneficial to your application. Empathy with the engineering community would also be desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Events Manager, Operations Manager, Events Logistics Manager, Corporate Events Manager, B2B Events Manager, Venues and Events Manager, Conference Manager, Conference and Events Manager, or Meetings and Events Manager.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for a fresh challenge as an Events Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.