Website Illuminate Recruitment Ltd
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Development
Membership Engagement Manager
Illuminate are delighted to be working with a fantastic membership body with one of the broadest educational offerings in their sector. They are a small, close-knit team of approx. 30 staff based in central London, who work together as a highly effective unit to deliver support, development, and training solutions to the professional HR community.
We are recruiting for an experienced Member Engagement / Relationship Management specialist to support new and existing members, ensuring that they get the most out of their membership and renewing on an ongoing basis. A key responsibility of this role is to optimise revenue from the members through cross-selling to all other parts of the organisation.
The successful candidate must know the HR space to build strong relationships with key accounts, deal primarily with CXO level HR professionals, and quickly establish themselves as a credible partner.
Who are you?
You will be a confident, engaging and consultative member engagement professional who enjoys building long term relationships and working with a wider team to cross-sell and support clients. Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, you will be able to work independently. The successful candidate will account manage and deliver a premium service and look for new opportunities to offer their clients added-value products and services. Knowledge and understanding of people management, HR and organisational change and effectiveness are essential, as is a commercially minded approach to their work.
The successful candidate will be consultative, service-driven, proactive, and work effectively with colleagues across other teams to ensure members are utilising the full range of services that are included as part of their membership.
Why do we need you?
This role’s essential purpose is to ensure new members gain maximum value from the network and renew their membership. In this role, the successful candidates will also work to make members aware of, understand and procure other services the organisation and its sister businesses provide.
What will your responsibilities be?
Take responsibility and accountability for member retention.
· Proactive identification of “risk of renewal” with action plan agreed and executed.
· Regularly meet with colleagues to discuss retention / engagement and members at risk with agreed and executed action plan.
· Regular communication sent to members (or specific groups) updating on research, fresh content, surveys and other insights which will be of value.
· Presentations to member organisation informing of services and how best to optimise the value to secure membership renewal.
Insights into member activities
· Engage with members to gain and share intelligence on activities, insights and trends to help support and inform the event and research agenda.
Advisory support requests
· Respond effectively to all advisory and general requests from members.
· Support members through our research, insights, connecting to other members, connecting to partners and our extended network in a time-efficient manner.
Upsell/cross sell from existing members.
· Through member meetings, seek out and close opportunities for upsell/cross sell into different parts of the business.
· Promotional activities to existing members to encourage cross-selling.
· A systematic approach to the promotion of our Learning solutions to members to meet development needs.
· Seeking connections from members to other non-members in their personal networks
What can we offer you?
A professional and adult working environment where you can continue to learn, contribute and be considered a critical team member in the growth of the business. You will have an opportunity to be innovative and proactive and genuinely contribute to the company. You will have access to a workplace that enables proactive collaborators like you to flourish by supporting infrastructure which invests in your personal development. A chance to be part of a culture that is built on a solid team ethos that focuses on outcomes, not activity, where accountability is rewarded, and where collaboration, values and ethics are integral to the team’s success.
Competitive salary supplemented by a rewarding commission scheme.
Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org today to find out more about this highly unusual and exciting Member Engagement role today!
You must sign in to apply for this position.