Website Hunter Merrifield
Job Seniority: Function Specialist
Job Function: Member Services
£33k – £40k
18 month FTC
Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with a leading international association that supports a diverse group of higher education institutions. This is a brand new position to work directly with universities in regions across Africa, Asia and Oceania and therefore will require significant travel to these areas.
The successful candidate will be a confident communicator with proven experience building key stakeholder relationships as well as developing potential funder/ donor opportunities. In this role, you will act as ambassador for the association to ensure that members feel represented and are maximising the membership offering. We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated membership professional who is keen to take their career to an exciting new phase.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
- Hold and develop relationships with members and key stakeholders including funders, governments and national HE bodies.
- Help shape and execute recruitment, engagement and retention strategies for members in the region.
- Work with a range of partners to develop and deliver new engagement initiatives (e.g. events, delegations, workshops etc.) to take place in their regions.
- Build the organisations political and policy intelligence for their region and identify challenges and opportunities for members.
- Act as a senior representative for the organisation at conferences, meetings and events in their region.
- Recruit Champions in each member university and maintain frequent personal contact.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Relationship Management – extensive experience of building long term relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinking – extensive experience in making connections that benefit key stakeholders by identifying opportunities for engagement, programmes and policy development.
- Budget Management – understanding how to track spending
- Influencing Skills – ability to influence others, including senior colleagues and stakeholders.
- Negotiation Skills – ability to negotiate with key partners and colleagues to agree collaborative partnerships
- Organisational Management – ability to plan and manage administration relating to key initiatives and events
- Written Communication Skills – ability to generate copy for external audiences, including marketing copy
- Ability to represent the organisation at a senior level – gravitas to present and run meetings on behalf of SMT and CEO’s Office.
If you have proven experience building relationships and leading on engagement strategies, we would love to hear from you! Please apply within!
You must sign in to apply for this position.