Website Hunter Merrifield
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
£39k – £44k
9-12 month FTC
Hunter Merrifield is delighted to work with a leading academic membership body that supports a global network of higher education institutions. We are looking for results-driven, highly motivated individual with proven experience devising and running a diverse range of events. The ideal candidate will come from a fast paced environment and will have previously worked within or have in-depth knowledge of the higher education sector.
This a brand new position that offers a unique opportunity to effect tangible change, shape the events function and work with a dynamic and highly engaged team.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Developing and lead company-wide events strategy that supports the organisation’s strategic priorities
- Line Management of one events officer, drawing on additional support from the membership team when needed
- Monitoring and reviewing external events to identify new opportunities for the organisation
- Working with the Communications team to develop marketing strategies and collateral to publicise events to members and non-members.
- Working with the Head of Membership and Director of Programmes to devise new income generating opportunities through events and workshops.
- Working with the Head of Membership and Head of Communications to identify opportunities for colleagues to attend, speak, partner or sponsor at external events to raise the profile of the organisation
- Implementing systems to manage invitations, registrations and payments.
- Undertake thorough post-event evaluation, produce reports and make recommendations for future events.
- Setting, communicating and maintaining project timelines and priorities.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Extensive experience of devising and delivering, well planned, engaging and innovative events
- Experience of designing new revenue generating events and new product development
- Experience of budget setting and management.
- Knowledge of key elements to consider when planning an event, including health and safety, insurance, VIP protocols and contracts etc.
- Experience of using CRM systems and knowledge of the technologies available to support event management and marketing
- Proven experience of dealing with sponsors and external partners.
- Excellent project management, and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience within or working with the Higher Education sector/ international development
If you have proven experience creating and running a wide range of events as well as experience within higher education, we’d love to hear from you, so please apply today!
You must sign in to apply for this position.