Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Management
Hunter Merrifield has an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic Association with more than 60 years in supporting its members. Our client is looking for a Head of Membership and Marketing to lead growth and retention of their products.
Being in a place of leadership, you will be working alongside the Board and volunteer committees to drive the development of strategic plans and ensure effective implementation and operational delivery for the Membership and Marketing teams.
This is a lovely hybrid role of membership and marketing where you can make an impact on a thriving community. Your role will include managing a team of 7, planning and reporting on membership, collating research and insights, effectively marketing the membership offering and ensuring there is consistent positive public perception of the Association.
What will my responsibilities be?
Membership Planning and Reporting
• Prepare, contribute to and evaluate annual membership plan. Oversee implementation and monitor and evaluate membership-related activity.
• Produce regular membership reports; contribute to the membership section of annual report and make sure related content on website is up to date.
• Take a senior level ownership of the CRM, ensuring systems deliver business efficiency, business improvement and value for money.
• Develop the organisation’s member recruitment and retention strategy, plan and measure of success.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the Member Value Proposition (MVP) to maximise retention and recruitment.
• Review and evaluate MVP and make recommendations for change based on KPIs for retention and recruitment.
• Ensure operational processes, procedures, practices and policies are reviewed, documented and updated regularly. Ensure all staff are trained when updated.
• Maintain overview of all member communications ensuring quality and consistency in message is maintained and member value maximised.
• Ensure that member communications are compliant (particularly in relation to GDPR) and that quality assurance processes are in place for content creation.
Member Insight, Research and Data
• Commission member research activity, both ad hoc (project based) and regular (annual member survey) to ensure insight and research informs strategy. Responsible for reporting insights gained to Director of Operations and Trustees.
• Accountable for all member data stored in the organisation, whether manual or digital systems are used. Ensures, in partnership with IT team, that the member data collected, stored and used is GDPR compliant and has overview of systems that ensure compliance.
Marketing and PR
• Create and evaluate the associations marketing plan across all channels.
• Ensure all the Associations presence at events is planned, measures are in place and outcomes assessed.
• Ensure all marketing communications deliver value to the membership, informing, supporting and engaging with content.
• Coordinating PR led activities, overseeing outsourced resource from a strategic and relationship perspective
Member and Non-Member Revenue Generation
· Responsible for the creation and management of the Membership and Marketing budgets to deliver the strategy and operational business plan. Manage financial implementation against plan and monitor and evaluate financial activity.
· Work with management team to develop marketing strategy for growing member spend in terms of additional products and services sold for revenue generation.
· Work with management team to develop marketing strategy to increase non-member spend in terms of products and services available to non-members, usually as a member recruitment method
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
An appreciation and understanding of the membership space
Educated to degree standard or equivalent through experience
Experience of managing membership recruitment, retention and engagement or a closely-related discipline
Marketing strategy development utilising all channels
Line management experience and understanding how to motivate teams
Budget creation and management
Excellent oral, written and digital communication skills
Excellent organisational skills and attention detail
Demonstrable ability and willingness to work under own initiative and to meet external deadlines.
Ability to work and collaborate with staff, volunteer committees and external organisations
Experience of volunteer led organisations
Experience of CRM / Association management systems and their implementation
Knowledge of veterinary or life sciences sector
This is an exciting and dynamic role, if you have proven Membership acquisition experience please apply today!
You must sign in to apply for this position.