Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Management
Membership Development Manager – c£32K – City of London
Are you currently working within Membership Development or Events and are ready to move into a managerial role? Our client are in a very exciting growth phase and have capacity for this brand new role which will be key to their strategic plans for the next three years and beyond. This is an incredible opportunity to work with a wonderful team who are are ready and excited to give their time to train and develop you into a fully fledged manager!
Working closely with the Head of Professional Standards and Accreditation, you will be involved in supporting the growth and development of their global membership (and yes there could occasionally be some national and international travel involved). You will have the responsibility of assessing audience needs, building an understanding of membership expectations and then work on initiatives to grow both the membership offering and scope to attract and coordinate initiatives to recruit new members.
So, who are you?
You’re ideally in a development or membership team role and looking for a varied and diverse position with room to develop and grow. You are a self-starter and have a desire to work collaboratively as well as managing your own work load. You will be comfortable in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and take pride in your verbal and written communication skills as well as your attention to detail. You will be analytical, solution focused and creative, with the ability to juggle competing demands. Most importantly, you’re positive, friendly and a real team player. Our ideal candidate will have a high degree of enthusiasm, initiative and judgement and some experience of working within a membership organisation/association.
What is the role really about?
Member recruitment campaigns
- design, delivery and management of campaigns – including existing initiatives such as ‘refer a member’, lapsed members
- working with our Engagement Manager to raise awareness of member recruitment in Sections and Local Groups
- coordinating the allocation of actions following targeted campaigns
- working with the Marketing Manager to develop promotional materials for all recruitment/awareness campaigns across the membership teeam
- representing them at both external and internal events to promote membership, raise awareness and
- recruit potential members (some travel outside London required including occasional overnight stays for which time off in lieu to be given)
- coordinating support/grants for external events
- liaising with the Membership Manager to understand the needs and interests of members through analysis of CRM and occasional surveys
- researching and developing products and services to encourage recruitment and engagement – e.g. e-student online resources
- managing and promoting member discounts: books, software etc
- designing and delivering member events such as ‘members’ week’
Professional accreditation services
- supporting the Head of Professional Affairs and Accreditation to raise awareness and promote services to members/employers/recruiting organisations
- Corporate partner/individual awareness development
- relationship building with current and potential partners
- working with volunteers and colleagues to identify potential partnerships
- coordinating the communications strategy across the organisation
- working with colleagues who deliver the content to ensure strategy objectives are met
- supporting the membership team with the development, organisation, delivery and monitoring of membership communications via email, phone, website and social media
- coordinating/drafting press releases for the team when required
- proof reading communication documents to check they are complete and accurate
- providing production support to the Membership Manager where necessary for the print ‘Member Update.
What will you need to do the job well?
You will be confident using social media and have an understanding of communicating to different audiences. A knowledge of using bulk communication tools and developing targeted marketing campaign would be helpful. Being organised is key for this post and the ability to manage a busy workload with a high attention to detail is crucial. You will be a strong communicator with the ability to build relationships that foster and support the already collaborative working methods. You will need to be computer literate and be able to demonstrate exposure to CRM / databases. MS Dynamics would be helpful but is not essential as full training will be given. It will occasionally be important that you can work flexibly as some meetings with members or volunteer groups are outside of standard office hours. Finally, you will be passionate about your own professional development and have ambition to progress and learn. The team are talented and want to share their knowledge with you and help you achieve your career goals too!
If you are ready to make the next step, contact us today!
You must sign in to apply for this position.