Website Hunter Merrifield
Job Seniority: Function Specialist
Job Function: CPD/Training
Part-time (3 days p/w)
12 months Fixed Term Contract
£18,840 (FTE £31,400)
Hunter Merrifield are very excited to be working with a leading membership body that supports the Charity Sector, to recruit an interim Senior Professional Development Officer on a 12 months fixed term contract. The successful candidate will operational responsibility for the qualifications framework as well as liaising with the Chief Examiner, Exam Board and tutors to ensure qualifications is of the highest quality, as well as managing the qualifications results process in the organisation’s capacity as an awarding body.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role within an awarding membership body or come from an educational background. You will need excellent communication skills in this role, enjoy working with a vast range of stakeholders and be a dedicated team player.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Be a key point of contact for the Chief Examiner, External Examiner and the faculty and to arrange Faculty Meetings and Exam Board.
- To co-ordinate the assessment and examination processes for all qualifications
- Management of all qualifications procedures including scheduling, moderation, submissions, record keeping, tutor allocation, resubmissions, extensions, appeals and withdrawals.
- Provide day to day support and advice to students and the faculty
- Cross-departmental interaction to ensure qualifications are promoted effectively across multiple channels
- Management of all content on our Blackboard LMS and utilising our current CRM (Integra/Open Engage) to manage qualifications data in accordance with data protection laws
- To ensure accurate financial records are kept for all expenditure across qualifications, and accurate reporting of income and net surplus performance
- Undertake occasional work out of hours (TOIL can be claimed)
- Any other tasks as requested by the Head of Professional Development
What skills and experience do I need to be successful in this role?
- Experience of managing qualifications with an awarding body (essential) and short professional courses (desirable)
- Experience of working with subject matter experts to maintain and develop learning content
- Experience of topic development, research and copy writing.
- Experience working in a customer facing environment (essential)
- A confident self-starter with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work on own initiative
If you would like to be considered for this post, please apply today. If you are shortlisted you will be asked to complete a separate application form as requested by the client.
You must sign in to apply for this position.