Website Hunter Merrifield
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
ROLE: Regional Manager
Hunter Merrifield are delighted to be working with a professional body that aims to improve the quality of patient care by continually raising medical standards. They represent over 36,000 members in the UK and worldwide, leading medical debate, and lobbying and advising government and other decision-makers on their behalf.
As the Regional Manager for West Midlands, Oxford and Thames Valley, you will be acting as the central focal point of support for members and physicians within these regions. Provide administrative support to the regional advisers and work closely with regional specialty advisers, college tutors, associate tutors, other regional representatives, fellows and members (who are consultants, doctors in training, or students). This will involve travel to meetings both regionally and nationally.
What will the key requirements be in this role?
Working in a team of 3, the Regional Manager role has a broad range of responsibilities, including:
* Line management of 2 direct reports
* Establishing effective working relationships with key stakeholders
* Communicating with members within the region and managing a variety of their enquiries
* Management of data and budgets
* Organising and facilitating educational support programmes and local educational events
* Organising events and conferences in the region
* Promoting the organisations activities to non-member physicians in the region.
* Assisting regional advisers and the membership team in the promotion of the organisations policy, activities and help to develop local membership support.
What will my responsibilities be in this role?
Relationship Building: Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders, networks, health care professionals and training providers, develop local membership support and engagement and attend regional team meetings and other organisation activities.
Management of the Regional Office: Managing the office and assist in the delivery of the membership services, contributing to the development of the strategic direction of the office as well as ensuring the organisation policies and procedures are adhered to and recommend change when appropriate.
Manage the office annual budget setting process, carry out monthly financial reports detailing income and expenditure for the finance department and manage transactions, raising invoices and authorising payments, monitoring these on a regular basis.
Meetings and events
To manage the schedule and topic planning of educational meetings and training events as well as preparing, planning and facilitating the annual President’s Trust visit.
Marketing & Communications
Actively seek opportunities for publicity to promote the member support to local members via digital, print, and through local networks including communicating across members and key stakeholder groups, preparing Dotmailer email campaigns and ensuring the website is up to date.
What Key Skills do I need?
* Be a good team player, supporting other regional managers in the development of good practice and improve service delivery
* Maintain appropriate knowledge of systems, such as CRM, Dotmailer and Survey Monkey.
* Be a natural self-starter who is motivated by new exciting challenges.
* Excellent organisational skills and able to use your own initiative.
* Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
* Experienced at producing conference programmes and conference management.
* Experience of working within a membership organisation, charity or NHS would be desirable.
This role is challenging and rewarding and will ideally suit someone who is confident working alongside clinicians and external partners. If your experiences match what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you… Please apply within!
You must sign in to apply for this position.