Website European Society of Cardiology
Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Member Services
The European Society of Cardiology (ESC) is the world’s largest organisation of healthcare professionals dedicated to fighting heart disease. It helps more than 95,000 cardiologists from 150 countries expand the boundaries of cardiovascular medicine so people can lead longer, healthier lives.
The ESC publishes a dozen scientific journals, an array of textbooks and the latest clinical practice guidelines. It provides continuing medical education through webinars and classroom courses and hosts the summit of cardiovascular science each August – ESC Congress – which attracts 31,000 heart specialists and delivers over 4,500 of the latest abstracts.
Discover more about the ESC: https://youtu.be/PDpsDnoqDlM
See what ESC Congress is all about: https://youtu.be/TKTROkFqXW4
The Membership Engagement Supervisor is responsible for maintaining existing ESC and sub-specialty Membership engagement programmes, developing new innovative ones based on members’ interests and needs, and delivering their successful implementation in close collaboration with the Membership Operations Team Manager, and Membership Development Team Manager. The Membership Engagement Supervisor aims at providing a unique and positive experience to members at each touch point of interaction with ESC.
The Membership Engagement Supervisor ensures that ESC and sub-specialty members perceive the value of their membership benefits; monitors the use of products and services by the members; and contributes in identifying innovative or repurposed content that would enhance the membership value proposition. The Membership Engagement Supervisor is responsible for making members’ on-site experience at ESC and sub-specialty congresses first-class and supervising members’ related activities (including FESC) in dedicated lounges. The Membership Engagement Supervisor should lead by example motivating his/her team towards excellence and advocating for cross-collaboration within the Membership & Community Division and with other departments across ESC.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Contribute to members’ recruitment, renewal and retention campaigns (create desire) under the rolling mode jointly with the Membership Operations Team Manager, and Membership Development Team Manager to meet the Division’s objectives
· Act as budget owner of the Membership Engagement budget (preparation, monitoring, analysis & reporting)
· Manage direct reports responsible for Membership Engagement & set-up weekly meetings for efficient coordination of ongoing activities
· Provide a monthly written report on membership engagement initiatives to the Director of the Membership & Community Division
· Gather member insight to better understand member needs and interests, and propose new services and products that would meet them
· Benchmark ESC Membership Engagement initiatives with other professional medical organizations in different parts of the world and conduct competitive analysis when considering the introduction of a new service or product dedicated to members
· Ensure that ESC and sub-specialty members have preferential benefits and optimize the perceived value of subscribing to the membership via targeted communications developed in close collaboration with the Marketing & Communication Departments
· Is responsible for the ESC Professional Membership and FESC Lounges at the ESC and sub-specialty congresses and related dedicated activities
· Lead the implementation of processes, tools and techniques that would improve ESC and sub-specialty Members experience within ESC
· Whenever required, resolve issues and complaints from ESC, sub-specialty members and the ESC Young Community, in person at Congresses and over email and telephone, leaving the member with a strong sense of satisfaction that their issue has been resolved
· Be a collaborative member of the Membership & Community team and provide cover for the Membership Operations Team Manager and Membership Development Team Manager in his/her line management duties whenever required.
· Strong diplomacy, inter-personal, communication and organisational skills
· Previous experience of organising events and resolving on-site issues and complaints under pressure
· Excellent in performing in a multi-cultural environment
· Collaborative style of working, as team work with the Membership Operations Team Manager and Membership Development Team Manager is essential
· Can think creatively, devising new ways of communicating with established and potential members and in what motivates people
· Strong budgetary management skills
· Able to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the organisation at different levels of responsibility
· Able to influence without direct authority
· Excellent English, any additional language would be an asset
· Ability to work calmly under pressure and be flexible
· Good project management, time management and organisation skills
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Minimum 5 years experience in a customer facing and management role
You must sign in to apply for this position.