The Membership Executive’s main purpose will be to contribute directly to the revenue targets for the organisation. This means involvement in the identification, recruitment and onboarding, and the account management of existing and new EOA members through relationship management of each member organisation and supporting their needs. Promotion of all EOA products and services, including training courses, events, and related opportunities.
The role involves extensive external engagement with members, enquirers and potential members, mainly via phone, Microsoft Teams and email as part of recruitment and retention of members. This will include handling enquiries to recruitment stage including the analysis of enquirers’ needs, providing relevant information and proactive, timely lead response and management. Upon securing membership the role focusses on agreeing and supporting delivery of objectives of membership, including supporting the transition to become employee owned or if an existing employee owned business, the necessary steps they wish to take to delivery Great EO.
Activity driven through our intuitive AMS system providing data to support related objectives. The role requires effective relationship management with individuals in roles across a member business as part of recruitment and retention. Working towards targets, with the support of the skills and insight of the EOA team.
There will be the opportunity to be involved in project work that enhances the EOA services to members, the membership proposition, thereby aiding recruitment and retention. In addition, there will be the opportunity to participate in virtual and face-to-face events across the UK, as an advocate and representative of both employee ownership and the EOA.
- Reporting into the Membership Community Manager, the role is accountable for:
- Both proactive and reactive targeting, relationship development, recruitment and on-boarding of new members to agreed targets.
- Targeted relationship and account management of nominated existing members including handling bespoke enquiries from individuals of varying roles in order to secure retention to agreed targets.
- Input and review data within our AMS and acting accordingly to ensure demonstration of member value.
- Actively working towards revenue targets from subscription, and non-subscription based opportunities.
- Providing relevant guidance and support to members to complement the technical legal and accounting advice provided by professional advisors.
- Gather relevant information, providing guidance in order to recruit to membership and then manage that relationship to retain membership.
- Support fulfilment of all commercial and non-commercial targets, including event bookings, ticket sales, training courses, and sponsorship where relevant.
- Undertake targeted and proactive approaches via email and phone to non-member, employee-owned organisations to seek and secure opportunities for recruitment.
- Comprehensive and effective use of the AMS in order to achieve related targets and demonstrate the relevance and value of EOA membership.
- Provide member insight into their needs in order to support the EOA to develop the membership proposition and to share relevant content via events, blogs, case studies or other means.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience of business development and engaging with prospective clients/members in sales, customer service, account management or equivalent role.
- Account management experience and proven ability to build effective long-term relationships at all levels.
- Commercial/business exposure to understand variety of industries and markets.
- Awareness and understanding of broad economic environment e.g. cost of living, ESG, etc.
- Use of AMS to support delivery of a data focused, and member centric experience for members.
- Use of social media and other digital platforms/tools to interact with members.
- High level of competence in using Microsoft Teams, and general IT systems.
- A level or equivalent qualification.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Interest in the work of the EOA and the impact of employee ownership on businesses, employees, the economy and society.
- A drive and desire to work to high standards and achieve success.
- Confident and empathetic listening and verbal communication skills.
To view the recruitment pack and instructions on how to apply click the apply button below.
We politely request no contact from sales or media agencies.