Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
We are looking for a Membership Manager to manage relationships with members, grow the membership base and help develop D&AD’s membership function and strategy. The successful candidate will be expected to oversee a portfolio of members, help design and facilitate their membership experience and grow both acquisition and retention rates.
You will be expected to have a strong understanding of, and be able to champion, D&AD’s vision and mission, its membership offering and other activities with confidence and passion.
Member Acquisition and Retention
· Design and implement strategies and plans for both member retention and acquisition
· Seek out new opportunities to increase new members acquisition and drive sales
· Build strong relationship with members to grow membership satisfaction
· Act as the Account Manager for Company Members, building up expert knowledge on their specific industry and needs
· Provide first class customer service for a small number of high value members
· Ensure accounts are up to date on D&AD CRM systems and communications and sales are tracked
· Help gather insights and conduct member research, both ad hoc (project based) and regular (keeping track of first hand feedback and needs)
· Use research results and insights to make recommendations, supporting the development of D&AD membership products and services
· Support the year’s review and development of membership strategy, identifying where the best opportunities are to extend value to our membership base
· Maintain positive working relationships with third parties that offer member benefits
· Work with internal teams to develop a year-round programme of events for D&AD Members
· Manage membership events including event logistics and guest lists where necessary
· Actively network at D&AD events to build ties with existing and prospective members
Marketing / Communications
· Work with the marketing team to build an effective, year-round communications plan for existing and new members
· Survey members on a yearly basis to monitor satisfaction and help inform development
· Work with the content team to tailor content for members and hero members on the D&AD website and at events
· Collaborate with the content team to curate membership newsletters
· Ensure membership related content on the D&AD website is up to date, including profiles of key members, D&AD trustees and past Presidents
Reporting / Analytics
· Forecast and track performance and revenues for D&AD Membership
· Produce monthly reports on membership for internal review
· Undertake any duties as requested by the Awards Director in relation to Awards and Membership
· Support the Awards, Membership or Development teams where necessary during peak times of the year
Skills & Experience
· Experience working within a membership organisation
· Account management experience and/or strong customer service experience
· Solid and successful pitching experience
· Fantastic people skills
· Clear and concise communication skills, both oral and written
· Highly organised with good attention to detail
· Awareness of creative processes and a keen interest in the fields of design and advertising
· Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
· IT literate – Excel, Word, Keynote
· CRM experience (preferably Salesforce)
· Can do attitude
· Resourceful problem-solver
· Enthusiastic and energetic
· Able to liaise confidently and professionally with people at all levels
· Confident networker and communicator
· Creative and strategic thinker
D&AD is a non-profit advertising and design association that has been inspiring a community of creative thinkers since 1962. With its annual awards, D&AD celebrates and stimulates the finest in design and advertising. The D&AD Awards are recognised globally as the ultimate creative accolade, entered and attended by the best from around the world.
All D&AD’s surpluses go straight into programmes such as D&AD New Blood, which inspires the next generation of creative talent and stimulates the creative industry to work towards a fairer more sustainable future.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.
In order to comply with the Prevention of Illegal Working, Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act, you will need to provide appropriate documentation that proves that you are eligible to work in the UK.
D&AD is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity. It is our commitment that no member of staff or job applicant will be treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, marital or parental status, race, colour, nationality, religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.
To apply for this job please visit www.dandad.org.