The professional body for HR and People Development
Job Seniority: Manager
Mid to senior level
Job Function: Management
Community Manager, Branches
£45,000 – £50,000 + benefits
12 months fixed term contract
35 hours per week (happy to talk flexible working)
Wimbledon (initially remote)
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 150,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
Given the many recent changes in the world of work, there has never been a more interesting and important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free access to LinkedIn Learning and flexible working arrangements.
As Community Manager, Branches, you will manage and facilitate CIPD branch, member networks and other HR community activity including branch events, special interest groups and delivery activity. You will meet branch, member and organisational needs and improving customer service and experience. You will also create and maintain impactful ways of working across the organisation, our branches and in networks and communities. There will a be an emphasis on engagement and relationship management with a range of stakeholders, a focus on support mechanisms, operational efficiency and resource development for our branch committee members (volunteers) contributing to the development of our work. Lastly, you will be adding value and delivering great service for our branches and CIPD members and aligning to CIPDs overarching strategy and growth agenda.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working collaboratively with the Community Lead, the Branch Development team, relevant HQ departments and branch committee members (volunteers) to deliver good governance and excellent customer service for CIPD branches and members in support of the CIPDs strategic priorities and growth strategy
- Leading, supporting and delivering regional, network engagement and development activities, special interest groups and branch Chair support groups creating and delivering on plans for greater connectivity, building in region community, relevance and impact for branches and members
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all stakeholders in support of joint plans in service development and membership growth, championing the local delivery of CIPDs strategic aims
- Managing departmental operational activities to include oversight and support delivery of regular reporting and updates, writing, developing and implementing departmental policy, supporting the branch business planning process and operational procedure in line with good practice
- Coordinating efficient ways of working with the Branch Development team, cross organisational teams and the branch network
- Supporting a governance framework/Investing in Volunteers, developing support resources where necessary
- Planning and delivering communication and support strategies for our research, policy and content to key stakeholders
- Delivering through a variety of channels including social media, e-shot, branch network engagement, blogs, presentations and workshops
- Supporting international teams, where relevant, in the shaping of their policy on community building
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- We are looking for an experienced manager who has previously worked with volunteers and a broad range of stakeholders
- Previous operational experience of membership organisations and knowledge of HR/L&D/OD
- Evidence and demonstratable knowledge of supporting governance or quality assurance frameworks such as Investing in Volunteers
- Well-developed people management experience with a strong sense of team
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal and influencing skills, can build positive and effective relationships in complex or challenging environments
- Experience and evidence in policy development and writing, operational process writing and effective and impactful implementation
- A positive, focused mindset managing perceived and actual complexity and ambiguity in a straightforward way
- Ability to manage multiple works streams
Effective judgement, ability to prioritise, measured decision making alongside innovative yet pragmatic solutions.
- Able to take initiative using feedback loops to keep stakeholders included and informed
A positive, focused mindset managing perceived and actual complexity and ambiguity in a straightforward way
- Comfortable and confident in external engagement, delivering presentations, hosting digital and physical events
- Knowledge and previous use of Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Excel, PowerPoint, Marketing Cloud, Eventbrite, Survey Monkey, YouTube and other engagement platforms.
Please note, this advert is due to close on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual – we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore, we would urge you to submit an application as soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit careers.ikrut.com.