Website Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
About the role
The Head of Networks and Engagement role is one of the most important and rewarding roles within CIBSE. You will lead a high performing team in delivering, supporting and developing all of the work we do within our volunteer communities across our Societies, Special Interest Groups and both UK and International Regions.
Working closely with the Chairs and Committees you will ensure that CIBSE continues to deliver the depth and breadth of activities within all aspects of the building services sector – in support of the wider Membership growth and engagement strategy.
This hugely varied and strategic role is a fantastic opportunity for anyone working within the Membership space who loves working with inspirational volunteers and wants a role which will give them the chance to develop their strategic thinking as well as delivering on a series of high profile engagement activities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
– Overall ownership of all strategic planning and development across Societies, Regions and Groups
– Overall responsibility for delivery of operational plans across Societies, Regions and Groups to include ongoing facilitation, governance activities, events and membership development
– Leadership and development of a team of 6, with 4 direct reports
– To form part of the Membership Directorate Leadership Team alongside the Head of Membership and Registration and the Head of Membership Development
– Supporting each of CIBSEs 6 Societies, it’s Groups and Regions in terms of growth, development and facilitation of outstanding content
– Develop and Implement a wider engagement strategy across all of our membership and volunteer led activities
– Ensuring successful facilitation and growth of CIBSE EDI Committee
– Ensuring all Groups and Regions receive first class support from CIBSE HQ and that all governance activities are delivered in a timely fashion
– Working across CIBSE, as part of the wider leadership team, acting as the voice of our volunteer community
The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) is a pioneer in responding to the threat of climate change. We support engineers in finding innovative ways to make buildings perform for individuals, the community and the planet. As a leading professional engineering institution, CIBSE has over 20,000 members across 95 countries.
Our membership is diverse and comprises a broad range of specialisms. CIBSE consults the government on construction, engineering, and sustainability, providing the resources needed to meet net zero targets in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We are committed to supporting engineers and the vital role they play in creating a safe, sustainable future.
What CIBSE offers you
Core holidays (25 days increasing to 27 days with length of service plus Bank Holidays for full-time employees, pro-rated for part-time employees),
Contributory pension scheme
Family friendly leave
3 x paid volunteering days
Annual travel season ticket loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Private Medical Insurance
Cash Plan – cash back for routine healthcare treatments
Shopping portal, rewards programme, and gym discounts
Support and wellbeing service which includes 24/7 online GP, second medical opinion, mental health support service and more
To apply for the role please send a copy of your CV plus a covering letter outlining how you feel you would be a great fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for all applications is Friday 24th March 2023.