Plumbing and Heating Industry Professional Body
Job Seniority: Team Leader
Job Function: Administration
Membership Team Leader
The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering (CIPHE) is a Professional Body and registered charity. We are the leading member-led education and research organisation, representing qualified and respected heating and plumbing engineers.
We have more than 7,200 members who are based mainly in the UK, but also an international presence that touches 30 other countries, although primarily in Hong Kong. In addition, we have the direct support and membership of some 150 manufacturing and merchant companies within the plumbing and heating sector and a further 60 training bodies.
We are based in Hornchurch, Essex.
You can find out more about the CIPHE at www.ciphe.org.uk
The CIPHE is undergoing a period of change. On the back of two years of membership growth, we have invested in a digital programme to deliver further operational improvements for the organisation, support members and potential members with their professional needs and assist in delivering enhancements to the safety and wellbeing of the general public.
To support this change, we are seeking a Membership Team Leader who will help us to drive improvements to operational procedures and processes and assist the CIPHE in its mission of becoming a more responsive organisation. We are looking for somebody driven to understand and look after the needs and interests of members. This is an opportunity to make a difference and is an exciting time to join the CIPHE.
- Work with Membership Director to provide leadership and support for three membership department administrative staff
- Retention, recruitment and reinstatement of members
- Provision of benefits, assistance and support for existing CIPHE members and possible new members
- Relationship and procedure management between the CIPHE and the Engineering Council
- Operational process delivery and improvement
- Administration skills to include familiarity with CRM and data relationships
An extended Membership Team Leader Role Profile is available at https://www.ciphe.org.uk/about-ciphe/ciphe-vacancies/
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and organisation skills
- High degree of computer literacy. Proficiency with all of Microsoft Office suite and database use abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and an ability to work to and meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to act on own initiative and to help drive the performance of others
Somebody with an enthusiastic and proactive approach to work is being sought for a full-time (35 hours) role.
Hours: 09.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday
Salary: Approx. £25k p.a.
Leave: 20 days p.a. plus Public Holidays with CIPHE discretionary days between Christmas and New Year
If you feel you possess the necessary skills to apply for this role, please send an application including a CV and covering letter to:
Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering
64 Station Lane
Or via email to:
Applications must be received by 6th May 2019.
You must sign in to apply for this position.