Website Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading
Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Member Services
Competitive Salary (£32-36000)
London based with remote working opportunities.
Permanent, full time (37.5) role. Flexible Working Hours.
The Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) is a non-profit body promoting excellence in English language editing. Following the obtainment of chartered status in 2020, we have seen a significant growth in our membership and are looking to strengthen our team with the creation of the role of Membership Manager.
Reporting directly into the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working as part of a small, collaborative team, the successful candidate will be the first line of contact for all membership matters. We are looking for individuals with previous experience of managing memberships within a professional body or membership organisation. You should have demonstratable experience in developing and executing long-term membership strategies, be results driven, organised with exceptional customer service skills.
- Develop and execute the organisations member recruitment strategy and plan, and measurements of success.
- Devise appropriate strategy to meet annual recruitment KPIs.
- Oversee the maintenance of online joining functionality.
- Oversee and develop reciprocal membership agreements and relationships with external bodies through which we recruit members.
- Develop and execute the organisations member retention strategy and plan, and measurements of success.
- Devise appropriate strategy to meet annual retention KPIs. Set up metrics for evaluating and measuring success, and procedures for reporting on this.
- Manage the annual subscription renewal process, ensuring timely communications to members and proactively follow up on member non-payments and queries.
- Manage the post-renewal member survey, analyse results, and make recommendations to improve retention rates.
- Work closely with the CIEP Information Team and maintain overview of all member communications.
- Ensure that communications are compliant with current legislation (including GDPR).
- Be responsible for the member benefit package offered in terms of return on investment for the organisation.
- Work with third parties to develop and offer member benefits where needed to add value to the benefit package.
- Maintain positive working relationships with committees and working groups as appropriate to the role.
Member Engagement and Experience
- In collaboration with the Membership Director and CEO, develop a membership customer journey strategy for the newly implemented digital services platform.
- Create a member engagement strategy in relation to recruitment and retention.
- Devise a methodology for measuring member engagement and experience and report on a regular basis.
- Work with the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Director and the Community Director to ensure that membership policies are inclusive and accessible to members from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience.
Membership Planning and Reporting
- Prepare, contribute to and manage the implementation of the annual membership plan.
- Produce regular membership reports; contribute to the Membership Directors section of the annual report.
- Work with the CEO to develop and deliver strategies to increase member recruitment and retention.
- Work with the marketing social media teams on campaigns to support membership development.
- Capture and share all member feedback with a view to improving the member journey, member offer, member support and processes.
- A minimum three years’ experience managing a membership scheme within a professional body or membership organisation.
- Extensive membership marketing experience, with a focus on member retention and acquisition strategies.
- Experience of delivering multi-channel campaigns and the use of digital marketing tools.
- Experience of using CRM systems and CMS.
- Ability to analyse data and develop reports for presentations and wider dissemination.
- Knowledge of data protection and other legislation concerning membership.
- Educated to degree level or with a relevant professional qualification.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage own workload.
- Results driven, positive and highly motivated.
- Ability to manage relationships and support members in a professional environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and social media skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competitive salary, to be negotiated, based on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus all public/bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions at CIEP are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. CIEP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
You must sign in to apply for this position.