Job Title: Head of Membership Services
Location: Bracknell/ Hybrid working
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £55,000 per annum
Working Hours: Full time, 36 hours per week
Would it inspire you to see the tangible impact of your work on the world? To work for an organisation that is committed to making a positive difference for people everywhere? If so, we could be the organisation for you. We are the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), the world’s largest and most influential professional body for construction management and leadership.
About the Role
As Head of Member Services, you will lead the member and customer-centric services of the Institute, delivering an evidence-based approach to meeting member needs and establishing clear services to enhance the membership experience. The post holder will maintain individual retention/revenue and evolve the membership products.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Overseeing the Member and Customer Service function, ensuring that the focus is on providing an excellent level of customer service including targets and KPIs set and delivered to drive up member engagement, satisfaction rates and ultimately member retention.
• Continuously reviewing and revising the processes and tools within the Member and Customer Service team to keep up with the developments within the marketplace and strive to evolve to membership value propositions/offers/products to understand different market segments e.g., Tomorrow’s Leaders, and their needs.
• Acting as a point of escalation for complaints and contentious issues, handling these in line with the established policies and procedures and using insight to drive ongoing improvement.
• Ensuring activities are aligned to meeting the revenue and engagement targets defined in the Corporate Plan and overseeing its operational delivery.
• Providing evidence-based ideas and suggestions for improvements in processes and technology.
• Working with Data & CRM Operations Manager to monitor overall activity and trends, delivering regular reports and highlights and escalating both day-to-day and longer-term issues.
• Running an effective annual campaign.
• Supporting and facilitating the Member Engagement Committee, reporting to the Board of Trustees.
• Supporting Budget Holders in producing, monitoring, and managing high-quality accurate budgets, with accountability for reviewing and approving budgets and forecasts.
• Reviewing monthly departmental financial performance, ensuring that key operational and financial targets/KPIs are met while facilitating decision-making, planning and performance measurement.
• Coaching and developing team members, ensuring they have the required level of skills, behaviours, and knowledge: and personal development plans which they can take accountability for.
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
• Demonstratable experience both working within and managing a customer service team.
• Excellent people management experience, with the ability to coach, develop and motivate a high-performing customer service team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally, at a variety of levels.
• Strong project management and organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and manage a busy team and workload.
• Experience within a professional body, membership or built environment sector.
• Awareness of the industry’s latest technology trends and applications with the ability to use these to deliver tangible results.
• IT literate with knowledge of customer service software, databases, and tools.
Why Work For Us?
We can offer you not only the opportunity to make a real difference with the work you do, but the chance to do that in a friendly, flexible and welcoming working environment, where we’ll show you that we’re committed to your personal wellbeing and to your development within your role.
We’ll offer you a fantastic range of benefits – from access to a great pension scheme through to a variety of health and wellbeing schemes; and we’ll make sure that you’re constantly learning throughout your time with us. We hold a Silver Investors in People Award – which we really hope will show you our commitment to you as an employer.
How Do I Apply?
To apply for this role please submit a full CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that we may consider applications as they are submitted and therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.