Website Builders Merchants Federation
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: IT/Web
The BMF is the leading Industry Trade association that represents and protects the interests of Builders Merchants and Suppliers to the Merchanting industry. Membership has grown by over 116% over the last 7 years and we now represent over 700 Member companies who have sales approaching £31.7 billion per annum and employ 130,300 people in the Building Materials Industry.
Reporting to: Membership Services Director
Base: Coventry Office
Salary Circa: negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, from 9.00am till 5.00pm (totalling 35 hours per week)
- Manage and maintain CRM database which contains members.
- Proactively support campaigns with data segmentation, reporting and data insights, working with relevant colleagues across the organisation.
- Implement and manage projects to improve the use of the CRM database, data cleanliness, and import/export procedures.
- Take the lead in the development, maintenance and smooth running of the organisations databases and associated applications and systems.
- Plan and manage the financial budget for the organisation’s databases and related projects, under the supervision of the Membership Services Director.
- Process new member applications with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Manage processes to ensure the quality and currency of database records and provide training and support for the activity of database users across the organisation.
- Plan and implement systems and processes to ensure best practice and compliance in regard to data regulations, especially GDPR.
- Billing and renewal of memberships.
- Help and support the build of the BMF handbook.
- Compiling quarterly membership report and presenting at weekly team meeting.
- Undertake any other projects as requested by the Membership Services Director or CEO.
- Continuously improve IMIS.
- Updating and implementing edits on IMIS system to ensure Membership Administration processes are running smoothly.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- Proven experience in Data/Membership Manager’s role.
- Have excellent IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Have a good understanding and experience of using membership CRM system.
- An outstanding communicator and influencer, who can translate technical systems requirements into jargon-free, implementable solutions and user training that maximises CRM functionality.
- Proactive, resourceful and energetic.
- Flexible and collaborative in your approach while retaining a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
- You should be curious and up-to-date with global technological developments.
- Must be confident, and able to engage and build relationships with stakeholders and members.
- Must be commercially aware.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Clear, concise and grammatically correct writing style with and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and balance demands from multiple sources.
- Self-motivated, and calm under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- Experience of operating on IMIS.
- Experience of working with or for a trade association or non-profit making organisation.
- Live within a 1-hour drive of Coventry HQ.
You must sign in to apply for this position.