The British Woodworking Federation (BWF) is the leading representative body for the woodworking and joinery manufacturing industry in the UK. The organisation has grown to represent over 500 members drawn from manufacturers, distributors and installers of timber doors, windows, conservatories, staircases, all forms of architectural joinery, as well as suppliers to the industry.
To be able to fully support our members, drive further acquisition opportunities and continue to raise the profile of the BWF, we deliver a strategic marketing plan that engages multiple audiences across various digital channels.
The Digital Content Officer will play a crucial role in supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager, and wider BWF team, in the creation of relevant, informative and compelling content across all available channels, and marketing assets.
This position requires a highly organised and creative individual that is able to work on a variety of work streams at any given time to ensure project deadlines are met.
This is a hands-on role that would suit someone who is self-motivated and adaptable when planning their workflow. Ability to work closely with team members and external third-party suppliers is essential.
- Working with content owners to create relevant copy to disseminate via website, email platform and social media channels.
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing Officer to ensure a constant presence on relevant digital channels.
- Translate technical documents into bite size content to be used to inform and update internal and external audiences.
- Regular audit of existing content to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Identify opportunities to use existing digital platforms to help grow the voice of the BWF and its associated industry schemes.
- Support Marketing and Communications Manager in the planning and execution of Marketing Campaigns.
- Ensure consistency of tone of voice and narrative across all BWF Marketing assets and activities.
Skills and Experience
- Strong attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with both written and verbal content.
- Proficiency in creating, editing and promoting written and digital content.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of social media platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Experience of working within a not-for-profit organization is desirable.