Website British Society for Rheumatology
Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: Administration
British Society for Rheumatology
We are a UK wide membership organisation for all health professionals working in adult, paediatric and adolescent rheumatology. BSR works to promote excellence in the care of people with rheumatic and musculoskeletal disorders and to support those delivering it, involving patients and carers at every step.
We work to ensure that our rheumatology professionals have access to the latest in education, research and clinical best practice to provide high quality care. Our members look after patients of all ages, from children to adults and across the whole patient pathway.
We are recruiting for a Membership Executive to join our membership team. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with excellent customer service skills who will be the first line of contact for all membership matters. You will be responsible for dealing with membership enquiries, carrying out clerical and administrative tasks related to membership through the CRM and updating the system on a day to day basis. You will ensure that data is stored consistently and be responsible for its integrity and regular cleansing. You will support the Head of Membership and Membership and CRM Coordinator with membership engagement activities as well as communications to the membership and other activities including running processes, assisting with testing and supporting events.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, will be passionate about building positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders, will be organised, adaptable and open to innovation and change.
Our office is based in Central London but we are currently working remotely and you will be given the support and equipment needed to make this possible.
In this role you will:
- Respond to email and telephone queries from new and existing members.
- Responsible for checking new member applications for membership eligibility (e.g. HCPC & GMC), contact details are filled in, membership category is correct.
- Supporting membership services, including Rheumatology subscriptions, mentoring registration and providing codes for SCE Question Bank.
- Support members and website users with login issues with the Membership and CRM Coordinator.
- Ensure bounce backs and opt outs are recorded on the CRM and members are contacted for updated contact details.
- Following up on membership cancellations, sending the exit questionnaire, etc.
- Processing data from membership campaigns.
- Support and run processes devised to keep core data clean.
- Work with key teams across BSR to manage the implementation of the membership and engagement strategy.
- Support the Membership and CRM Coordinator to ensure all BSR member benefits are accessible for active members.
- Support coordination of meetings and training for staff.
- Support the Membership and CRM Coordinator to maintain the health and integrity of the CRM data containing information on members, non-members and working with other teams to ensure event registrations and external supplier information is regularly cleansed.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have enthusiasm about all things membership and CRM, are self-motivated and ready to get stuck in.
- Have good time and project co-ordination skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to engage with colleagues and collaborators and to bring them on board in line with set targets.
- Are confident in managing stakeholders at all levels and dealing with external contacts.
- Have the ability to see opportunities and challenge convention in order to make improvements to how we deliver education, especially virtually.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to liaise across all business levels.
- Have strong attention to detail when working with large data sets.
- Have problem-solving skills and “can-do” attitude.
- Can maintain a professional and personable attitude when communicating with colleagues, customers and volunteers.
We would like your experience of the following:
- Previous office administration and member/customer service experience.
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple tasks with competing deadlines across the team.
- Experience and confidence using Excel and databases.
- Ability to work efficiently on a variety of digital platforms and learn new software packages quickly.
- Experience of using Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM) would be a bonus but not essential.
We can offer:
- A great place to work, we are Investors In People accredited and committed to Equality, Inclusion and Diversity.
- Performance related pay and incentive schemes that include colleague nominated awards.
- Group pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- A heap of benefits, such as BUPA health insurance, cycle to work schemes, buy/sell leave etc.
- Regular staff social events.
- Year round learning and development programmes.
To apply: Please submit a detailed Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this role, it is important that, in your Cover Letter, you provide relevant examples on how you meet the essential criteria outlined in the Person Specification.
To download a full Job Description and Person Specification and to complete our Equality & Diversity Monitoring form, please visit our website: https://www.rheumatology.org.uk/about-bsr/jobs-bsr
Closing date to submit applications: Thursday 8April (midnight).
Interviews will be held virtually the week commencing on Monday 12 April.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any questions about this role, please email email@example.com
This is a permanent full-time role with opportunities of flexible working.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
BSR is committed to encouraging inclusion, equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation by complying with the Equality Act 2010.
We want a working environment free of all the above, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued. To do this, we will proactively tackle discrimination and disadvantage and ensure that no individual or group is directly or indirectly discriminated against for any reason. We expect all BSR employees to champion and live our values through their work at every opportunity.
You must sign in to apply for this position.