Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: CPD/Training
An opportunity to join a small team, in the not for profit/membership association sector within the optical profession. We need a CPD and Events Assistant with a positive attitude and strong attention to detail. As someone regularly supporting queries and onsite/online events, a passion for customer service excellence is essential. An interest in supporting high quality educational activities is critical.
The successful candidate will be friendly and a confident communicator. This vacancy will give the successful candidate the opportunity to work within a cohesive, determined team! Your key responsibility will be to support the Association’s active programme of education within the optometric profession.
Reporting to: CPD and Events Manager
Contract: 22.5hrs/week (initially one year FTC with possibility to extend)
Location: initially working remotely; then a remote working arrangement with occasional team meeting days in London/South East.
· Provide administrative support and management of digital learning activities
· Support the development and delivery of events
· Provide support and advice to queries relating to all elements of the learning programme
· Work with the course committees to deliver examinable elements of courses
· Provide advice and insights into the uptake and use of digital learning activities
For more detailed information about the role, refer to the job description.
You need to:
· Be highly organised and able to plan, prioritise and deliver all tasks
· Be enthusiastic, positive and proactive
· Have a can-do attitude and willingness to get involved beyond the job description
· Be an excellent communicator who can articulate the value of BCLA’s products and services
· Be customer-focused in the delivery of all services and support
· Be able to collaborate with a small team of various disciplines or work independently as required
You will have:
· A methodical and disciplined approach to processes and systems-based tasks
· The ability to synthesise and respond to the needs of service users (i.e. candidates and delegates)
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal including a good telephone manner
· A strong technical aptitude with experience in IT software, LMSs and (ideally) CRMs
· An understanding of financial and payment processes etc
· Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage own workload despite conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
· Excellent attention to detail
· A passion for improvement and high quality outcomes
For queries or to apply for the role, please submit a CV and a brief covering letter to email@example.com
Application deadline: 16/12/2020 (although early submissions are encouraged; if a suitable candidate is found before this date, the vacancy will close)
You must sign in to apply for this position.