Website BPMA - British Promotional Merchandise Association
The association for the UK Promotional Merchandise industry
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
If you’re a Membership Account Executive/Manager who loves looking after their members, communicating the latest news, views and best practices to help their business growth, you could be perfect for this role. We’re looking for key member in our Executive Team, based in our new offices in Surrey. You’ll be an excellent communicator, adept at managing a busy role, you’ll like talking on the phone as well as getting out to see clients together with helping represent the association in public forums and events. With on the job training plus the opportunity to take recognised industry qualifications, this role will suit someone with 2-4 years’ experience or looking to further their account management skills.
About the BPMA
The British Promotional Merchandise Association (BPMA) is the professional trade body serving the £1 billion pound promotional products industry in the UK and Ireland. We have been a trusted brand for over 50 years, offering advice and guidance to buyers as well as leading the promotional merchandise industry in delivering service excellence and compliance.
The BPMA serves to Inspire, Connect and Educate. We are committed to leading our industry, representing and supporting members of the association and offering true competitive advantage through education and engagement.
The Membership Account Manager is responsible for implementing the BPMA’s membership strategy, reporting to the CEO. Responsibilities of the Membership Account Manager are set out below and will form the basis of your objectives, particularly during your probation period.
Our members rely on us to bring them the best possible service and as part of the BPMA, you will be responsible for delivering the association’s best practice across its membership offering.
You’ll be servicing current members, driving awareness of benefits and services of BPMA membership from the database of over 500 Member companies.
• Successfully working to achieve targets set out and agreed on a quarterly basis (which inform your bonus). These include member retention and acquisition
• Achieving all objectives, targets and KPIs set out within your role – providing true support and consultative member support
• Working on the membership strategy alongside the CEO and Operations Manager to build the membership pipeline and help secure new memberships with tailored proposals
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with members
• Build member engagement through the promotion of member events direct to current member base and scoping other audience engagements through non-members who have engaged with the BPMA previously or prospects
• Driving the annual renewal process with support of the Executive Team, for lapsed and renewing members, being fully aware of all the benefits of being part of the BPMA and being able to communicate these benefits clearly through verbal, written and proposal execution
• Support exclusive BPMA Education Programme by promoting BPMA Education Courses to current members, working with the marketing function to create new audiences through targeted executions
• Promote key conferences and social events created exclusively by the BPMA; understanding clearly the targets and expectations for each event
• Secure sponsorship for key events from your entrepreneurial approach to securing funding for BPMA events, in particular BPMA Awards and social activations
• Generate revenue from advertising and sponsorship on BPMA media channels (print and digital media), primarily the BPMA’s own publication Product Media Magazine, events and other sales opportunities
• Ensuring high standards of service are met, ensuring outstanding member feedback at every opportunity
• Employing clear, concise and well versed communication skills – exceptional communication is expected at all times
• Key target of building relationships with a range of stakeholders and upholding the BPMA code of conduct at all times
• Understand and engage with the BPMA CRM system, implement any updates from member and non-member interactions
External Relationship Management
• Work with marketing team, Board, agency, partners and platform relationships to ensure efficient and sustainable initiatives, working across CRM when relevant
• Shape and engage in conversations among members, agency, brands and service providers
• Interaction with the various trade and member bodies as appropriate
• Make it your goal to understand our regulatory and trade body friends well
• Work across departments to deliver content supporting a variety of business priorities: marketing projects, legal, brand awareness, membership – make it your business to understand each team’s communication points and seek support for on-going communication messaging through the Marketing Manager and CEO
• Work closely with our internal teams and CEO
• Keep up-to-date with the world of social media and digital innovations by subscribing to relevant blogs, newsletters plus other trend spotting sites to bring relevancy to your role ie events, trends, politics plus websites and newsletters – sharing knowledge across the business as appropriate
• Please ensure you are aware of the BPMA’s attachment to wider industry
08:30 – 17:30 (Monday-Friday) office based. Exhibitions and events will require additional time outside normal working hours, including some overnight stays.
Must be within 1 hour commute from our new office in Fetcham, Surrey. We have onsite parking and the nearest station is Leatherhead.
BPMA is an equal opportunities employer
You must sign in to apply for this position.