Job Profile: Partnership & Sponsorship Sales Manager
Line manager: Director of Partnerships
Position in business: This is a key mid management role, with strong internal communications and external interface with clients. The role is key to business success.
Location: Hybrid. Home and central London. Some national and international travel will be required.
b2b is a specialist agency working with leading trade associations, professional bodies, NGO’s and world-renowned brands. Visit our site to find out more about us.
We are the commercial sales agency and consultancy of choice for the membership sector.
b2b is also the parent company of two other organisations
- A groundbreaking, innovative growing not-for-profit – Climate Action for Associations (CAFA)
- A boutique sports sponsorship sales agency – B2.Media Ltd.
The next few years will see the execution of b2b’s growth strategy to extend our reach, influence, revenue, and impact.
You will join the sales team to generate income for our clients from the sales of our clients partnerships and sponsorship inventory.
Working closely with Directors and the sales team, you’ll be onboarded using our tried and tested method of partnership and sponsorship planning, development, sales and delivery. We call it the ‘b2b way’ (b2b way training will be provided).
1. Prepare detailed sponsorship and partnership proposals for new opportunities in your sales inventory and tailor these proposals as required to suit sponsor interest.
2. Research the market and companies relevant to each client marketplace to ensure understanding of the portfolio(s) you are responsible for.
3. Generate new leads and cultivate existing contacts that are right for your portfolio.
4. Approach prospects using b2b’s proven sales methodology.
5. Meet, pitch and negotiate a single or range of opportunities to sponsors.
6. Negotiate and close deals with prospects, involving our clients as required.
7. Ensure the smooth transition from sales to delivery with internal teams, clients and sponsors.
8. Support the delivery of the sponsorship, as required by b2b and our clients.
9. Perform client relationship management activities including, pulling reports, collating statistics, managing income spreadsheets, running update meetings.
10. Attend and play a proactive, participatory role in Client update meetings, regular client planning sessions and ad-hoc new opportunity planning meetings where we identify and shape new opportunities.
11. Continually input into b2b’s social and digital marketing activity – this includes writing copy and case studies to be shared on b2b’s channels to promote the client portfolios you are responsible for.
12. Get involved, as required, with the delivery of Client programmes and other aspects of b2b’s client work including attending of events, awards, exhibitions, webinars, podcasts, research and development.
Measures of Success:
The success of this role will be measured on the amount of client income generated (income), the contribution to b2b’s overall growth and success (value) and the level of can-do, hands-on input and effort in the job (contribution).
- Number and quality of leads generated
- Number and quality of calls undertaken
- Number of quality of proposals shared with prospects
- Number of partnership and sponsorship deals closed
- Hitting and exceeding income targets
- Number and quality of sponsorship proposals developed
- Range and value of new income generating opportunities identified
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enterprising, sponsorship and partnerships professional who is looking for increased responsibility, to own a higher value portfolio, greater involvement in client and partner management as your next career move.
- Essential role requirements:
At least 3 years experience in a sponsorships/partnerships sales role.
- Proven track record and background in sponsorship and partnerships sales and development.
- Ability to evidence the level and scale of your previous sponsorship sales success in financial terms.
- Strong background in managing and executing lead generation and nurturing relationships.
- Strong client management and communication skills
- Previous use of CRM
- Results driven – strong business and financial acumen
- Evidence of coming up with sponsorship opportunities and working a portfolio to offer the strongest options for sponsors
- Evidence of writing and preparing sponsorship sales proposals – includes a good understanding of the latest marketing techniques and practices
- A team player with the ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders (internally and externally) and make sound operational decisions daily
- Excellent organisational, communication (including presentation) and management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience of working in the membership sector
The following are desirable but not essential:
• Experience of working in other countries and across sectors
• Experience of B2B sponsorship specifically
• Understanding of the necessity of operating from a place of purpose and sustainably
Note: This job profile is aimed at describing the core output that should be achieved in this role. It is not intended to include specific tasks, temporary activities, or projects.
This generic approach in writing overall purpose and accountabilities supports focus on key outputs and flexibility in a changing context. Specific results to deliver each year in your role based on your job profile are listed in your individual objectives.
The job holder is required to demonstrate appropriate levels of competence and behaviours against our values. b2b values are – sustainable, innovative, collaborative, transparent, creative and bold.
- FTE Annual Salary Range: £29,500-£35,500 per annum (based on experience)
- Plus, Annual Performance Related Bonus
- Plus, Commission: Uncapped commission
Candidates will be driven and committed to the purpose and growth goals of the business.
Interested in applying, please send your CV and a short email stating why you’re a perfect fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are recruiting a number of roles at the same time so please reference Sponsorship Manager Application within your email subject line.
Applications for this role will close Thursday 19 January 2023.
Thanks for your application.