The Association of Anaesthetists is a membership organisation for anaesthetists with 10,000 members. Our main aims are to advance and improve patient care and safety and to promote and support education and research in the field of anaesthesia. We also represent, protect, support and advance the interests of our members.
This role will be the Association’s champion of digital content, managing content creation and production, ensuring editorial consistency and evolving our content purpose and principles, editorial style guide and tone of voice.
They will be responsible for the Association’s digital channels including the website, digital marketing, social media presence, online community platform and app.
This role is based at our head office at 21 Portland Place, London. We offer a hybrid working arrangement with a minimum of 2 days in the office per week.
Digital and content strategy:
- Reviewing and developing the Association’s digital and content strategy
- Utilising a range of techniques to drive online traffic to the digital channels
- Managing the budget for content initiatives and paid search, tracking return on investment
- Responsibility for the growth and development of content initiatives and improvements
- Evaluating new technologies and suggesting ways to incorporate them
- Leading on CMS functionality developments with third party suppliers
- Leading on community platform development and optimization, acting as the Community Manager to drive engagement
- Managing the Association app including project managing future stages of development
- Keeping abreast of content trends and industry standards
Content creation and production across the Association’s digital channels:
- Ensuring all content is compelling, engages audiences and is created to the highest quality, in line with our content purpose and principles, brand and tone of voice
- Owning and developing customer journeys across the digital estate
- Planning digital marketing campaigns
- Maintaining the Association’s social media presence across all relevant channels
- Working with content owners to develop content
- Writing and editing copy with subject matter experts
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to maintain an editorial calendar across all digital channels, ensuring content is distributed effectively
- Identify gaps in contents and make recommendations
- Establishing and managing clear and efficient content production processes, including workflows through the DNN CMS
- Evaluating content against agreed KPIs
- Monitor analytics to identify trends and opportunities for content optimization, making recommendations for changes to improve engagement and conversions
- Ensuring all content adheres to SEO principles, increasing online presence and driving organic traffic
- Regularly audit existing content to ensure accuracy and relevance
- Point of contact for all digital matters
- Setting individual performance objectives for the digital team and being responsible for ensuring they are delivering on those objectives and that they are aligned with the overall aims of the Association
- Maintaining and improving your own competencies through continuous professional development
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with third parties, Board, staff, and external contacts
- Following organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice as described in the Staff Handbook
- Supporting and promoting the Association’s commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace.
This job description is intended to reflect the main duties and responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive list of duties. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which are commensurate with the role.
Provisional interview date Wednesday 6 December. Applications by CV and supporting statement.