Website The Royal College of Anaesthetists
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Member Services
The Royal College of Anaesthetists (RCoA) is the professional body which ensures the quality of patient care through the maintenance of standards in anaesthesia, critical care and pain medicine across the UK. Anaesthesia is the UK’s single largest hospital specialty, playing a critical role in the care of two-thirds of all hospital patients. With a combined membership of over 21,500 Members and Fellows, including our Faculties of Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Medicine, the RCoA is the third largest Medical Royal College by UK membership.
The role and team:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Membership Engagement team during a period of exciting growth, improvement and change. This role is crucial to College, through overseeing the day-to-day management of our membership subscriptions and payments, as well as ensuring the College is GDPR compliant (at least one day a week will be dedicated to project managing this work).
This role holder will work with the Head of Membership Engagement to successfully engage with our growing membership (which has grown by nearly 1,000 members in a year) by supporting the delivery of a segmented and personalised membership service and offering highly valued benefits, through management, understanding and use of the College’s membership database.
The role holder will be responsible for examining current processes within the Membership Engagement team, helping to highlight inefficiencies that can be improved, as well as membership trends, through an in-depth understanding of the membership data.
It will be the responsibility of the role holder to maintain and develop effective systems, processes and procedures to ensure current and proposed future activity meets data protection and forthcoming GDPR legislation. The Membership Data Manager will also be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the College’s membership data.
This role will work closely with colleagues across various teams to ensure cross-collaboration, in particular with the College’s Data Protection Officer and Heads of functions.
We are looking for a team player that has an innate knowledge of how to manage and understand data and who can offer solutions to problematic processes. This role will be responsible for the line management of a small team.
The successful Applicant will have:
- in-depth experience of using a CRM system
- data/Record management experience
- firm understanding of how to manage data and interrogate data for key insights
- proven supervisory/management experience
- ability to proactively develop and manage a small team and manage team rotas
- proven experience of working within a membership function and/or customer service environment
- demonstrable knowledge of Data Protection and/or GDPR; an understanding of current and future implications of Data Protection laws and future changes
- intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office, in particular Word and Outlook
- ability to tailor communication style to suit varied audiences
- ability to work collaboratively across teams
- numerate with an understanding of financial administration and record keeping
- ability to give meticulous attention to detail, whilst working quickly and accurately under pressure
- positive ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness to participate, problem solve and learn
- desire to support members, ensuring that they are at the heart of everything we do
- comfortable working in an environment of change, growth and new ways of thinking/working
- comfortable being both a cooperative manager and willing to get ‘hands on’
- well organised and able to prioritise their work and others
Short-listed applicants will normally be provided with at least 48 hours’ notice to attend the panel interview.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide detailed feedback to candidates on their application. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted after the closing date.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 15 March 2018
Panel Interviews to be held on: Thursday 22 March 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://rcoa.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/1171420?cid=1779&jobtitle=Membership.Data.Manager&location=London.(Holborn)&rsid=14847&ad=651263 →