Website The Intensive Care Society
Job Seniority: Head of Service
Job Function: Member Services
The Intensive Care Society is dedicated to furthering education and research into intensive care in the UK. For over 40 years The Intensive Care Society has provided support, advice and educational resources to members, patients and relatives. Members of The Intensive Care Society are made up of a multi-professional network who take care of the sickest patients in hospitals and we aim to support their work. We are committed to supporting the delivery of the highest quality of intensive care in the UK.
Working closely with the Director of Operations, this role will lead in implementing a compelling and engaging member experience for ICS members. The Head of Member Engagement will build, maintain and manage the reputation of ICS and influence opinion and behaviour using all forms of media and communication whilst raising the profile of ICS through PR activities.
- To lead the development of a member experience and engagement plan for ICS that aligns with the overall strategy for growth.
- To line manage at least one member of staff and matrix manage others for workstreams and projects.
- To support the wider staff team to make maximum effective use of the CRM database (iMIS) to enable ICS to use data to identify potential membership markets, monitoring trends and implementing membership retention and recruitment campaigns.
- To analyse membership demographic profile reports and make recommendations to strengthen our member value proposition responding to members’ existing and anticipated needs.
- To manage member-oriented webpages that are accurate, engaging, and effectively convey the value of being an ICS member.
- To introduce greater segmentation to strengthen and improve our targeted marketing communications through various channels (direct mail, email, social media, etc.) to members and non-members.
- Raise the profile of ICS by working directly with local or national media, ensuring that all communication channels, including website and social media, are managed effectively delivering a consistent message to all stakeholders
- A proven membership engagement/marketing professional
- Experience using data from CRM membership databases (eg iMIS)
- Experience of working across a broad range of media, including digital, social and print
- Experience and ability to line manage and motivate staff
- Experience and confidence in managing difficult and challenging situations and stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, a team player with a “can do” attitude and strong problem solving skills.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working in a health focussed membership organisation.
- Ideally with a post graduate degree in a related field or relative experience
- Good knowledge of the UK media and solid knowledge of current health issues
To apply: Send your CV and your supporting statement explaining how you meet the essential and desirable criteria
Deadline for applications: Monday 19 February at 0900
Interviews: Wednesday 28 February, 2018