Promoting excellence in Psychology
Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: Member Services
The British Psychological Society is the professional body for psychologists in the UK with over 56,000 members. We are currently seeking a Membership Assistant to work within our Membership team. The post holder will be expected to process and assess applications for membership, registers and networks, maintain membership information and assist in promoting membership and member services. There will be some occasions where it will be necessary to attend events, which may involve an overnight stay.
The role is key in ensuring that the process of joining the Society and its registers, directories and networks is undertaken with a high level of efficiency and accuracy, and with a focus on excellent customer service.
• Assess applications for membership, registers, directories and networks
• Process applications in line with current policy to ensure that standards of Society membership are maintained and that processes are carried out effectively
• Maintain records to ensure member data is accurately captured and securely stored
• Provide accurate and timely advice to members and enquirers on membership criteria and services to ensure a high quality of service is provided to members, applicants and the public
• Contribute to the promotion of subscribership and membership when required in order to raise the profile of the Society and to increase membership across all levels
• Provide advice to members and enquirers on membership criteria and services to ensure a high quality of service is provided to members, applicants and the public.
• Contact Society members/applicants to request information, payments, or to provide general information with regard to their status
• Attend, and speak at, events to promote membership
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Educated to at least GCSE ‘A’ level standard
• Good IT skills with experience of using databases in a membership/customer services environment
• Meticulous attention to detail and a methodical approach
• A commitment to provide excellent customer service
• A commitment to team-working
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritise work
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Good oral/written communication skills
• An ability to assimilate complex information quickly