UK's largest membership organisation for security professionals
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Management
The Security Institute is recruiting a manager for their Membership Engagement Team, based in Caldecote, Warwickshire. Whilst technical competence and dynamic engagement is required for this role, it is also vital that the candidate selected has strong mentoring experience and an emotionally intelligent approach to small team leadership.
The Security Institute supports the professional development of over 2700 Security personnel from dozens of Security disciplines. The variety of events and touchpoints with the membership demands a high tempo from the engagement team so any candidate must be prepared to lead from the front.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Leading the development, co-ordination and delivery of Membership Engagement, including Events and External Engagement programmes
- Develop marketing plans for Events to ensure consistence of tone and message throughout
- Oversee the promotion and marketing of all aspects of the business generally and events specifically
- Creation of PR and communications collateral to promote the business and it’s events
- Managing two staff – the PR & Marketing Officer and Events Administrator
- Supporting the Office Manager and Membership Manager with their roles, providing pre-arranged cover of tasks where necessary
The ideal person will be/have:
- A strong background in marketing and events
- A proven track record of developing and managing events for varying agendas
- Experience in budget setting and budget control relating to events
- Impeccable communications capabilities, including copy for social media and events collateral
- Team focused and comfortable working across multiple projects concurrently
- Able to manage stakeholders, volunteers and senior leaders both in and outside of the business
- Well organised and able to manage a detailed programme of work with multiple stakeholders
- Able to travel within the UK if required to host events and/or exhibitions
- Experience of membership organisations would be an advantage
You must sign in to apply for this position.