Job Seniority: Co-ordinator
Job Function: Administration
Are you a meticulous administrator who thrives in fast-paced environments? Want to progress your career with a long-established organisation as a Membership Executive Assistant? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers has been at the heart of mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
Now, we’re looking for a Membership Executive Assistant to join our passionate team in Westminster.
- Salary of £23,000 per annum
- Stakeholder pension scheme and BUPA private medical insurance
- Life assurance worth three times your annual salary
- A range of benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working
- Discounted meals at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Free membership of the Institution and professional membership subscription for employees
- A minimum of 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Here at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, we’re proud of our organisation’s impressive history, long tradition and fine reputation.
We believe that our employees are integral to our ongoing success, which is why we reward their efforts and achievements and are committed to making their working life a fulfilling and enjoyable one.
As an Investors in People accredited employer, we know that knowledge is power and provide a range of learning and development opportunities to help staff realise their full potential.
As a Membership Executive Assistant, you’ll provide a high level of customer service to our members, as well as potential members looking to join the Institution, particularly students, apprentices and graduates.
Working as part of the MAPD (Membership, Applications and Professional Development) Team, you’ll provide clear information to members, keep accurate records and perform a range of administrative activities.
Specifically, you will:
- Process new membership application forms and fees for students, graduates and apprentices
- Process application forms and fees for those joining IMechE’s Monitored Professional Development Scheme (MPDS)
- Provide advice and support to users of the MPDS scheme and others by email or telephone
- Provide administrative support to applicants undertaking Academic Review
- Provide administrative support for the annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) cycle including supporting volunteers and dealing with multiple member enquiries through the helpdesk
- Carry out admin tasks to support the processing of apprentice schemes
To join us as a Membership Executive Assistant, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Proven administration experience
- Good IT skills with experience of CRM systems
- A confident telephone manner
- A highly organised approach
Other organisations may call this role Executive Assistant, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Training Administrator, Membership Administrator, Personal Assistant, PA or EA.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Secretary, Receptionist, Office Administrator, Admin Clerk or Office Clerk.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of the closing date for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.