Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: Administration
Temporary Office Co-ordinator
(Support CEO and Snr. Management Team of a Royal Society)
Our client, a leading membership society looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, and working on multiple projects at once. This role is perfect for someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty, and is as comfortable meeting and greeting partners, as setting up a new filing system.
If you are looking to gain experience within a Learned Society or a small charity and also want to take on responsibility for projects and manage a variety of proactive or reactive tasks this role could be for you.
This role is a Temporary role and is office based, and a large part of it is to be the first point of contact for the society from enquiries on the phone, on email and for visitors. It would suit someone who enjoys a challenge, an excellent communicator with sound time management skills.
What will my primary responsibilities be?
* Public face of the organisation, including answering calls and oversight of all generic email
* addresses, to meet targets for follow ups
* Responsible for developing and maintaining team planning tools including a shared calendar,
* shared plans and arranging logistics for team meetings
* Attend and assist with UK events for our partners
* To manage the system for recruiting, training and briefing volunteers, and to assist with the internship programme development
* Establish a stock control system for journals and other materials and office supplies
* Support, including administration, for the CEO including desk research, attending and
* minuting Board, Committee, other meetings, HR support in filing key documents
* Providing administrative support for key activities of the organisation including events,
* membership, small grants and medals, and journals
* Lead on administrative process for medals and awards, small grants and travel scholarships – Maintain the office environment including managing the kitchen, meeting room and team area, ensuring the team facilities are clean, stocked and working effectively, to include stationery, kitchen supplies, and keeping a stock check on generic materials.
* Manage the meeting room for any external bookings, and the guests while on site
* Administrative support for the team, including establishing team online and offline systems
This is a temporary role whilst our client is seeking a permanent candidate for this role! You will of course have the opportunity to apply!
This role will be starting asap so if you are interested please apply today!