Job Seniority: Administrator
Job Function: Administration
Our client, a leading membership society looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, and working on multiple projects at once. This role is perfect for someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty, and is as comfortable meeting and greeting our partners, as setting up a new filing system. This role is ideal for someone who wants broad exposure to how a society, or small charity, runs, who can project manage a variety of proactive or reactive tasks and is an excellent communicator.
This role is a full-time role, office based, and part of it is to be the first point of contact for the society from enquiries on the phone, on email and for visitors. It would suit someone who enjoys a challenge, an excellent communicator with sound time management skills.
What will my primary responsibilities be?
* Public face of the organisation, including answering calls and oversight of all generic email
* addresses, to meet targets for follow ups
* Responsible for developing and maintaining team planning tools including a shared calendar,
* shared plans and arranging logistics for team meetings
* Attend and assist with UK events for our partners
* To manage the system for recruiting, training and briefing volunteers, and to assist with the internship programme development
* Establish a stock control system for journals and other materials and office supplies
* Support, including administration, for the CEO including desk research, attending and
* minuting Board, Committee, other meetings, HR support in filing key documents
* Providing administrative support for key activities of the organisation including events,
* membership, small grants and medals, and journals
* Lead on administrative process for medals and awards, small grants and travel scholarships – Maintain the office environment including managing the kitchen, meeting room and team
* area, ensuring the team facilities are clean, stocked and working effectively, to include
* stationery, kitchen supplies, and keeping a stock check on generic materials.
* Managing general enquiries to ensure we meet service delivery targets, and people are directed to the right person efficiently
* Manage the meeting room for any external bookings, and the guests while on site
* Administrative support for the team, including establishing team online and offline systems – Help manage relationships with suppliers that provide office equipment and supplies – Coordinating expenses and other support for Board members, to support finance function – Arrange travel and subsistence for team members or Board members as and when required – Other support for the office, team and CEO as required
What do I need to be successful in this role?
* Meticulous attention to detail
* A self-starter, excited to try new things
* Well-presented and articulate
* Sound relationship builder
* IT literate
* Good communicator, able to get on well with people of all levels – Accurate minute taking
* Organised and able to juggle multiple priorities
* Demonstrable time management skills
– Open and flexible to embrace new areas of work, without the need for ongoing supervision
This role will be starting asap so if you are interested please apply today!