Website Hunter Merrifield
Job Seniority: Head of Department
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
Interim Head of Communications (9 months)
We are delighted to be working with a leading Science & Education charity to support them during an exciting period of change. We are recruiting for an Interim Head of Communications to lead the department during this busy time – an office move, a brand refresh, and the creation of a strategy.
This role will be starting ASAP so the ideal candidate will have no or a very short notice period.
What would my key responsibilities be?
• Lead the implementation of a brand refresh across national offices; act as brand guardian, organise and lead staff workshops, inspire and motivate staff to engage with brand changes, and ensure that all content and materials produced reflect the new branding.
• Transition a newsroom-style communications team to a new style of communication that spans all channels, from web stories to digital, providing the direction needed to develop a high performing communications team able to provide strong messages that reflect the organisation’s priorities.
• Lead a review of our current communication style across all channels, with particular focus on social media and digital engagement; assess current strengths and weaknesses and advise COO on changes required to deliver high impact communications across all platforms.
• Deliver regular, clear and effective communications to our membership showcasing the breadth of our work.
• Work with the Director of Policy and Public Affairs to produce clear and engaging policy documents.
• Work with the CEO Office to provide essential communications input in the development of a three-year strategy which is due for completion by the end of November 2018
What do I need to be successful in this post?
• Experience of developing and delivering effective internal and external communications and leading a strong team in media, digital, campaigning and public affairs.
• Management experience working in a communications/public affairs capacity, including leadership/working within a multi-disciplinary communications team
• Successful track record of, developing and delivering communications strategies, and of delivering and implementing change
• Demonstrable experience of managing press and media relations and of delivering and using electronic media tools strategically and creatively
• Previous experience of successful delivery of high profile communication projects in public affairs/ campaigning initiatives.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic environment, please apply today!
You must sign in to apply for this position.