Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Management
Job title: Senior Manager – Supporter Retention & Development
Reports to: Head of Individual Giving
Location: London – 9month FTC
The role of the Senior Manager Supporter Retention & Development is to develop, grow and manage the supporter retention and development programme, by retaining and growing our supporters who yield the best lifetime value which includes lifetime and legacy gifts whilst developing and implementing effective retention strategies and supporter contact activities across cash giving, in-memoriam, committed regular giving, weekly lottery and raffle.
To manage a team (of circa 5 people) to maximise supporter value, as part of the engagement strategy.
To achieve/surpass fundraising and marketing targets.
Main accountabilities of the post
1. Work with Head of Individual Giving to recruit, develop and manage a highly effective team to achieve stretch goals, managing team performance on an ongoing basis, rewarding success and acting on under performance.
2. With the Head of Individual Giving, work to deliver the Individual Giving aspect of the engagement strategy with accountability for operationalising the supporter retention (via supporter journey) strand.
3. Implement and further develop the 5 -year plan to retain and develop supporters (largely through direct marketing channels and via supporter journeys) in order to maximise their value.
4. Manage a budget to achieve the required ROI, year on year, taking remedial action as required.
5. Work with colleagues in other fundraising teams to ensure that supporters are retained and developed in a joined- up way across DM, events and community channels.
6. Jointly accountable with the Senior Manager Supporter Acquisition for the delivery of a quality inclusive and accessible supporter journey experience for supporters and prospects, demonstrated through increased retention rates, lifetime value (LTV) and overall return on investment (ROI).
7. Work closely with the Senior Manager Legacies to ensure seamless and effective uncovering of pledgers and pledger journeys
8. Ensure GDPR compliance across all direct marketing activity.
9. Work closely with the Insights team to ensure data analysis is at the heart of the team’s work and a shared understanding of supporter audiences is nurtured and developed into clearly targeted and focussed communications and fundraising approaches.
10. Manage relationships with agencies to achieve goals
11. Ensure that all activity helps to build the brand and is at all times brand compliant.
12. Monitor and evaluate all activity, seeking constant improvement.
· Attend in-house and relevant external training courses, as agreed with line manager.
· Practise and comply with all Blind Veterans UK current policies and procedures.
· Ensure GDPR compliance across all direct marketing activity.
· Ensure that all activity helps to build the brand and is at all times brand compliant.
· Engage actively with our volunteers as appropriate and within the scope of the post.
· Promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work and ensure community engagement information is communicated in plain English and meets accessibility requirements.
· Undertake any reasonable tasks from time to time at the line manager’s request, as may be deemed appropriate within the scope of the post.
You must sign in to apply for this position.