Website Hunter Merrifield
Job Seniority: Function Specialist
Job Function: CPD/Training
Interim Training Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to work with a specialist Charity who work on a national level, as an Interim Training Manager until October 2018. This is a high-profile and exciting role which has responsibility for managing bereavement care training for health professionals, developing and managing projects and events, and, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders. The ideal candidate You will have an excellent knowledge of the structure and organisation of the National Health Service. An experienced senior manager, you will be able to operate at a strategic level and have the ability to develop and inspire others.. A detailed understanding of different education and training methods is required, as well as a basic knowledge of the physiology of normal and complicated labour and birth.
What will my key responsibilities be?
Strategy & Reporting
· Develop, monitor and maintain the annual budget for the Improving Bereavement Care Team
· Report to the Director of Research, Education and Policy on your Team’s strategies and plans, achievement of targets and objectives, concerns and issues.
· Be a member of the senior line management team, contributing to key decisions relating to strategic direction as well as delivery of objectives.
· Provide leadership and support for Improving Bereavement Care Team and their key areas of responsibility
· Direct and manage the performance of staff in the Improving Bereavement Care team to maintain an effective team capable of providing a professional service. The role directly manages the following roles:
1. Senior IBC Co-ordinator
2. Bereavement Care Training Co-ordinator
3. Bereavement Care Training Administrator
4. A team of 11 Bereavement Care Trainers spread throughout the UK
· To provide overall management of the bereavement care training programme for professionals, including regular evaluation and subsequent development of the training.
· To engage with key stakeholders on the development of training and education resources for health professionals.
· To manage the delivery of external conferences, awards, and events
· To feed into the development of policy and position papers and publications on bereavement care issues.
· To respond to internal and external enquiries related to improving bereavement care and when
· required, to assist in the production of press releases.
· To oversee the development of the Improving Bereavement Care section of the website.
· Undertake any other duties commensurate with the role as required by the Director of Research,
· Education and Policy, Chief Executive and Board of Trustees
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
· Experience of undertaking a senior management role with sound
· strategic and operational abilities.
· Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring budgets
· Experience of management of training programmes with knowledge of
· different training and education methods
· Excellent people and performance management skills at a senior level,
· with the ability to develop and inspire others, and model effective
· Demonstrate a good knowledge of the NHS structure and organisation
· in general, and of maternity services in particular.
· Demonstrate an understanding of, and empathy with, bereaved
· parents’ needs and perspectives.
You must sign in to apply for this position.