Job Seniority: Manager
Job Function: Communications/Marketing
In 2017 we celebrated our 110th birthday and rebrand to the Caravan & Motorhome Club. It’s an exciting time to join the Club, as we have created a number of key strategies to ensure our members and future customers get the most from the great outdoors now and in the next 100 years and that our brand remains relevant no matter what the futures holds for caravaning and motorhoming.
Which is why we are seeking to recruit a dedicated Product Manager responsible for taking ownership of the membership product portfolio. We want a person with bags of experience who is ready to accept the challenge to ensure the Club continues to provide products & services which appeal to the ever changing needs of our members and consumers. We want to increase our sense of community and affiliation for our Club, by providing members and customers with expert knowledge and information enabling them to connect with, and have like minded conversations with other members and customers, making sure they get the most from the great outdoors.
Responsible for the Club’s membership product portfolio, the strategy, performance and the continual development thereof, to achieve the forecasted growth in volume and revenue targets for the Club over the next 10 years.
Responsible for developing and driving a strategic plan to support the growth of the current membership product proposition including but not limited to: Single, Joint, Family, Overseas, Centre Membership, Club Together and Magazine only subscriptions.
Working collaboratively with the Product Management team (i.e. UK Sites, Overseas, CLs, Insurance etc) to ensure any developments to the member proposition are considered and communicated, ensuring overall growth in product performance is delivered.
Working with key stakeholders develop and maintain a membership lifetime value model, continually analysing the data to produce engagement and penetration scores for the membership proposition and and the ancillary product portfolio.
Regularly conduct member insight, market research and competitor intelligence and then ensure this knowledge is communicated throughout the Club following up on any key actions and outputs.
Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the product life cycle by working with key internal stakeholders in determining the product vision, standards, specifications, revenue, profitability and ROI.
Responsible for managing pricing strategies to ensure the agreed volume and revenue targets are met, whilst ensuring the member and customer clearly appreciates and fully understand the the value exchange of the membership proposition.
Responsible for producing and communicating new and existing product developments (i.e. new pricing) to all relevant internal and external stakeholders and ensure such developments are managed through to delivery into the market.
Using insight to identify and then develop a plan which maximises any opportunities relating to the existing membership proposition (i.e. Motorhome Hire) as well as new subscription models (i.e.Tourer Explorer and Experience Freedom).
Working collaboratively with the Acquisition and Retention Marketing Managers to develop marketing plans and campaigns which brings the membership product to life and achieves member growth and engagement.
Working with the Commercial team and using insight to explore, develop and communicate value added partnerships which will enhance the overall membership proposition and create a compelling value exchange for the member.
Ensure that the membership proposition is delivered through effective marketing content (online and offline) and that the purchase paths (online and offline) deliver a first class experience leading ultimately to conversions.
Working with finance to produce a set of product performance reports which detail (but are not limited to) the volumes of new members joining, existing members remaining, leavers and cancellations, outfit type etc and then ensuring this is communicated at the the weekly performance meetings.
The key point of contact for all internal stakeholders should they have any product related questions or queries.
Ensure the membership proposition adheres to any legal and regulatory framework i.e FCA, CAP codes and GDPR legislation.
Key Skills and Experience required
● Ideally a degree and/or a recognised marketing qualification i.e. CIM, IDM
● Relevant experience in an Executive or Product Manager role in a business to consumer marketing environment, ideally working within a membership or subscription led organisation
● Literate and numerate, able to evidence experience of preparing and producing high-quality written reports and business cases for senior management
● High attention to detail and a thorough ‘can do’ attitude is of paramount importance
● Able to communicate and tailor messages clearly and effectively to different audiences
● Must be proactive and results driven with the drive and initiative to successfully push initiatives forward
● Strong organisational skills whilst working to tight deadlines
● Ability to gather, interpret data and provide recommendations
● Must possess the confidence to communicate and present the organisation at all levels of business
● Confident and comfortable at expressing opinions when in working groups
● Able to take personal ownership to resolve issues
● Able to work independently as well as part of a small team and work across functions and departments
● Previous experience within a travel/leisure organisation desirable
● Must be available to travel UK wide when necessary
Technical Experience Required
● Must be confident using the Microsoft suite of applications and G Suite : particularly producing written reports using word or docs and powerpoint and slides
● Must be confident with numbers and using Excel or Google Sheets
● Experience of Tableau or Business reporting tools would beneficial (not a necessity)
● Understanding of Google Analytics would also be beneficial (not a necessity)
You must sign in to apply for this position.